Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

justinc79
Topic Author

Private listening glitches with TCL 49S405

Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:38 pm

I've been enjoying private listening with my TCL 49S405 for the past few months, but recently I've run into some major issues with glitching happening. My phone is an iPhone SE 64gb.

It seems to mostly happen with Amazon Prime. The audio will get out of sync and not correct itself without turning private listening off and on again. Even when it starts working fine, it will then glitch to the point that it's completely unusable. I have to just give up and use a Bluetooth transmitter plugged into my receiver, which works, but the Roku private listening gives better quality.

When it first happened, I later discovered the app on my phone was out of date. I updated it and it worked fine one night, but the next night, it was back to severe glitching. I tried it tonight and after one glitch, it seems to be working fine. I've tried all the troubleshooting methods, but it seems to happen without any explanation.

My only guess is that maybe the films I was watching that glitched the worst had 5.1 mixes. Could this be the problem?