Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

buzzmunkey
Topic Author

Youtube (tv)

Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:16 am

Here we are four months later  asking the same question I first asked back in September, why won't Youtube stay logged in on my roku express+ streaming device.. It stays logged in on my Samsung tv as does YouTube tv, but for whatever the  reason it cannot stay looged in to my Roku, any of the roku devices I have nor my brother..  I wonder why that is??  I have contacted YouTube several times but it is beyond their ability to care so I am asking you, is there a way to make these services stay logged in that I don't know about?? am I holding my mouth wrong??  what gives??  last night I found I had to log back into my youtube accounts again and did so but now when I go to get off of them instead of going after the exit link that there is when you push the back button enough times, I have instead decided to take the flower route and hit the home button, that gets me out of the YouTube and the YouTube tv services right now instead of going looking for the exit link..  I figure it's likely going to need logged back in no matter how nice or a butt I am so might as well feel good about treating their crappy app like ... not very nicely.. And like I  said it works perfectly on my Samsung tv, I logged into both services back in September and haven't had to re do it since.. Why that is I have no idea, maybe it is time to contact  roku, and see if they are to blame for this situation.. I still think it is  YouTube fault  though..  Maybe it's time to buy a different streaming device and test my theories out that way..  

jeffrok
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Youtube (tv)

Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:36 am

It's YouTube's bug to fix..
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10

DBDukes

Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:10 pm

buzzmunkey wrote:
Here we are four months later  asking the same question I first asked back in September, why won't Youtube stay logged in on my roku express+ streaming device.. It stays logged in on my Samsung tv as does YouTube tv, but for whatever the  reason it cannot stay looged in to my Roku, any of the roku devices I have nor my brother..  I wonder why that is??  I have contacted YouTube several times but it is beyond their ability to care so I am asking you, is there a way to make these services stay logged in that I don't know about?? am I holding my mouth wrong??  what gives??  last night I found I had to log back into my youtube accounts again and did so but now when I go to get off of them instead of going after the exit link that there is when you push the back button enough times, I have instead decided to take the flower route and hit the home button, that gets me out of the YouTube and the YouTube tv services right now instead of going looking for the exit link..  I figure it's likely going to need logged back in no matter how nice or a butt I am so might as well feel good about treating their crappy app like ... not very nicely.. And like I  said it works perfectly on my Samsung tv, I logged into both services back in September and haven't had to re do it since.. Why that is I have no idea, maybe it is time to contact  roku, and see if they are to blame for this situation.. I still think it is  YouTube fault  though..  Maybe it's time to buy a different streaming device and test my theories out that way..  

I've heard good things about Nvidia Shield. And Apple TV. Get both and then you can conduct a really good test.
DBDukes
http://TelevisionMyWay.com
-------------------------------------------------
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)

buzzmunkey
Topic Author

Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:53 pm

I would like to get some other streaming player and who knows maybe some time later in the next year  I will give  something else a try..  I wish this issue could be fixed but it looks like it is beyond either youtube (google) or roku ability to give a flower.. which really is sad..  Like I said I have all sorts of trouble with YouTube tv on the roku including the inability for it to stay loged in, same with youtube (vod) I have to relog into it all the time as well..  But like I said I have no problems with the two services on the Samsung tv, they have been logged into both and haven't been relogged in..  Also on the youtube tv service I have nothing but troubles with sound, as the service stops and then moves on sometimes a message pops up saying the internet connection needs to be rechecked see if it is still connected.. It was doing this earlier today and I was checking the internet speed and everything and it was showing the internet was perfectly fine.. youtube tv needs to figure it out, or roku needs to rethink weather it should be offered on the platform.. I'm willing to go back to playstation vue as early as new years day.. I have developed that kind of hatred fro the service, and it isn't just the inability to stay logged in, it's the inability to play a constant stream..  Hey, I think I will try HULU in January.. Happy new year YOUTUBE you lost me..  Oh well I am also thinking seriously about going to dish, leaving streaming tv for two years and hoping they figure it out by then..  

scottypie1234

Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:09 pm

I use YouTube and YouTube TV on two Roku TVs and a Roku Ultra. I never have this problem on any of my devices. Must be something on your end.

frankkasten

Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:44 am

As you suggested, you must be holding your mouth wrong.  I have 4 Roku's (3 different models) on 4 TV's and don't have that problem with YouTube TV (or Philo for that matter).  

buzzmunkey
Topic Author

Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:48 pm

I FIGURED YOU OUT!!!!    Not that the solution was a good one.. the biggest problem I had was the stuttering or stop and go of the programming although the constant having to log in was getting old.. Here is what  I did..  Just before the new year I decided I'm gonna fix this or look to another service, and  liked  YouTube tv too much to get rid of it..  I started fiddling with settings, first the router, I reset the channel from one to seven hoping this would fix it.. I'm not sure if that was the fix or not,  I doubt it, although I like to think the easiest was what fixed it.. Why change the channel from one to Seven??  because of the possibility that there are just too many networks close by, might be the case here in podunkaska but.. might also not be..  So but..  That was the first thing of several that was done simultaniously, should have done one then check then another then check and then another.. Did the router channel and then a setting or so onthe roku itself on the secret screens settings therein and then the setting that likely did the trick I changed the quality settings on the YouTube ttself..  I think that did it.. and you might say I would never go from 1080 to 720 to 480   FOUR EIGHTY WHAT ARE YOU NUTS??   I thought about this situation and had an issue with the PS VUE when we had it last year and found that we had to have a nice solid 10Mbps to pull off having our service be quite good, but for me anyway I didn't care about quality (I mean I did but having the service stutter really sucks) and so having the 480 setting worked for me..  And so that is why  I went with the quality downturn on YouTube tv.. I just can't stand the stuttering or whatever that is called.. So was it the roku or the YouTube tv service that was the problem?? neither, it is in fact our internet service.. While it shows on speed tests that we are at around 35Mbps something isn't right.. So until our internet gets to be better I am gonna keep it set this was..  Not sure what the issue is, it it is the router or the ISP..  Gonna start trying to find out someday soon.. But we have only one service but they might be about to change to 5G soon.. hope so..