Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

rbm328
Topic Author

SYNCING TWO DEVICES

Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:41 am

we have two tv's in close proximity to each other.  is it possible to sync them so its them same on audio and video on both screens?
many times we'll have one show on while we move back and forth between the kitchen and living room.

thank you

DBDukes

Re: SYNCING TWO DEVICES

Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:07 am

rbm328 wrote:
we have two tv's in close proximity to each other.  is it possible to sync them so its them same on audio and video on both screens?
many times we'll have one show on while we move back and forth between the kitchen and living room.

thank you

Nope. The Roku devices don't communicate with anything except the server that's streaming content. It's no difference than one in your house and one in my house. They are completely independent devices. Same for other streaming devices, too.
DBDukes
http://TelevisionMyWay.com
-------------------------------------------------
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)

jeffrok
** Valued Community Member **

Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:34 am

It WOULD be neat if Roku offered this.. Amazon offers multiroom audio on its Echo devices, but I'm guessing synced audio AND video is a lot tougher.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10

atc98092

Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:32 pm

All I can think of is an HDMI distribution box. Plug the Roku in as the source, then send the feeds out to multiple TVs. They should be sync'd extremely close that way. I've seen two of my TVs playing the same OTA station, and the sound and image are not perfectly sync'd. I think a distribution system is the only likely way to do it successfully. I see some fairly inexpensive boxes on Amazon with two HDMI out ports. As long as it isn't 4K, prices look reasonable. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (2016), and Ultra (2016), Insignia Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network. Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Yamaha RX-V583, CenturyLink DSL

eric wong

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:51 pm

I don't think the two TVs can sync with each other.  I used the [font=-apple-system, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif]Roku devices from last year , but I never try to sync them. This year, I plan to buy another kitchen TV.[/font]