Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

stu1965

Re: TCL Roku TV loses wifi connection and then can't find any wifi networks

Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:08 am

DBDukes wrote:
It’s as though there is heavy traffic or interference on that WiFi channel. That may or may not be on your network itself, but on the channel your network is using.

Try a different WiFi channel.

hmmm. its using channel 2. I can change that on my router. Now using channel 11. 

DBDukes

Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:19 am

stu1965 wrote:
DBDukes wrote:
It’s as though there is heavy traffic or interference on that WiFi channel. That may or may not be on your network itself, but on the channel your network is using.

hmmm. its using channel 2. I can change that on my router. Now using channel 11. 

Huh. Channel 2 is uncommon. Most routers default to 6, 11, or 1, as they don’t overlap each other. 2 overlaps greatly with 1, and slightly with 6. Of course there’s nothing wrong with any of the other channels between 1-11. In fact, depending on where the traffic is, it may be advisable to use one of those. It’s just uncommon.
DBDukes
http://TelevisionMyWay.com
-------------------------------------------------
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)

stu1965

Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:13 am

DBDukes wrote:
stu1965 wrote:
DBDukes wrote:

Huh. Channel 2 is uncommon. Most routers default to 6, 11, or 1, as they don’t overlap each other. 2 overlaps greatly with 1, and slightly with 6. Of course there’s nothing wrong with any of the other channels between 1-11. In fact, depending on where the traffic is, it may be advisable to use one of those. It’s just uncommon.

My original AP was an apple. I picked up a new netgear, and was testing that when i saw chan 2. router channels were set to 'auto'. now on 11, and while when I first turn the tv on, the wireless is disconnected, it re-connects on its own within a minute. So, since my last post, this is so far....dare i say....resolved. prob just jinxed myself, lol. 

hwci

Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:22 am

hwci wrote:
I have been experiencing the same Wifi disconnection issues for several months on my TCL 43S405. I am on software version 8.2.0 build 4170-30. A TCL support representative says the latest build I should be on is build 4174. Manually checking for software updates results in an all-software-up-to-date message without updating t 4174. Is anyone else able to update to 4174 or still experiencing issues *after* updating to 4174?

Update: After going back and forth with TCL support, they agreed to take the TV in for repair. Along with a firmware update to 9.0.0, support said that the main board and wireless card were replaced. So far, after a week back in service, the wireless connection seem stable.

joenovak

Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:36 pm

I have the same problem with my 32S301-W version 9.0.0. build 4148-8
Most of the time my MAC address is 0 Zeroed Out
After a few factory resets the TV was able to "see" the router again. Then a day later same thing.
Very frustrating as I have 2 other TCL in the house on the same network without issues.
Unfortunately I brought all 3 TV's to my retirement house in Costa Rica so I will have to lug this one back.

Where did you get your TCL support performed?
Thanks Joe

hwci

Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:43 pm

joenovak wrote:
I have the same problem with my 32S301-W version 9.0.0. build 4148-8
Most of the time my MAC address is 0 Zeroed Out
After a few factory resets the TV was able to "see" the router again. Then a day later same thing.
Very frustrating as I have 2 other TCL in the house on the same network without issues.
Unfortunately I brought all 3 TV's to my retirement house in Costa Rica so I will have to lug this one back.

Where did you get your TCL support performed?
Thanks Joe

They sent me a box with a pre-paid label to send to San Jose, CA.

stu1965

Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:36 pm

model 32S327 , Ver 9.0.0 b4151-48. New router and channel 11 still working

Marian

Fri May 24, 2019 9:33 am

This tv is just the worst. Everyday there is an issue with connecting with the WiFi. So far anything customer service has done wasn’t helpful. There isn’t a problem with my WiFi because my other tv is fine, along with my iPad and laptop. It’s just crazy what goes on with this...not to mention very frustrating. Today I’ve done everything from rebooting, unplugging and factory reset and it just won’t connect.
I wouldn’t recommend this tv to anyone.

mwm424

Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:52 pm

So is @Roku just not doing anything about this? I wish I saw this before I bought the TV a few months ago, because this has been open since last December. I guess I will call them in the morning and get it sent to San Jose for repair??

nuts

RokuTannerD

Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:30 pm

To help clarify, you'll need to contact the manufacturer of your TV for support, repair or warranty services. They provide support services directly for their products, and can assist you further. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

msweet331

Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:45 pm

I am also having this issue.  I purchased a TCL 32S305 last Spring and regularly have lose connection.  Sometimes it is while I'm watching something, but more often it is after I've shut off the TV for a bit and turn it back on, only to find connection lost.  I unplug/replug  my router, which works, but that's a time sucker.  What can be done to remove this issue?
Thanks,
Michelle