Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Chanin84
Topic Author

Tcl Roku trouble mirroring

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:35 pm

Hello
I just got the 65 inch tcl Roku tv the other day I have a window 10 that I'd like to mirror on to the tv and the tv is poping up in the device but under it says display but it will not connect to the tv I've google and YouTube and can't find anything about what to do with the Roku TV's I've found different ones about the streaming decive but that's it Help!

JAMES0646

Re: TcTAAl Roku trouble mirroring

Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:20 pm

My HP laptop with windows 10 does not mirror with my two TCL ROKU tvs.  The pairing process starts to appear on TV but quickly stops and returns to home screen. 

I have two TCL Roku TVs.  I bought them in 2015 -2016.   I spent a lot of time with TCL Support on Feb 4, 2019 and Costco Concierge on Feb 2, 2019. and again on Feb 4, 2019. I discovered this forum while on hold with tech support calls. Has anyone else had a problem mirroring from an HP Pavillion with windows 10 or from any windows 10 PC  to a TCL ROKU smart TV?

TCL tech  support informed me that ROKU has been aware of this problem for a few years.  They are working on a version 9 software release. However there is no release date scheduled and there is no knowledge the mirroring problem will be fixed in the new release.  

TCL support characterized the mirroring feature as "hit or miss".    I happen to be in the miss category. 

atc98092

Re: Tcl Roku trouble mirroring

Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:29 pm

It's next to impossible to mirror a Windows computer to a Roku. It takes a specific combination of hardware and software on the computer, and even then it's as TCL says, hit or miss. The only reliable screen mirror I've had was with an Android device. Nothing else ever worked. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

RokuTannerD

Re: Tcl Roku trouble mirroring

Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:05 am

Thanks for letting us know what you're seeing here. 

If you are running into issues when trying to use screen mirroring, try starting here for more help: https://support.roku.com/article/208754928-how-do-i-use-screen-mirroring-with-my-android-or-windows-device-

If you aren't able to resolve the issue you're running into, please provide more information about the device & setup you are using: 

- Computer make & model number 
- Computer operating system & version 
- Roku device model number and software/build version from Settings>System>About

Feel free to PM me directly with your details, including your Roku device serial number, and I'll follow up to see how we can assist further. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager