Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

empirefalls

Re: YouTube stops playing

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:41 pm

Could it be interference between a Roku .....and closeness to a smart tv -or wireless router? 

I have a Roku Uktra in the living room, next to a smart TV and a wireless router.
For months to this day, a YT Live stream channel will be playing, then stop after about 10 minutes

I, also, have a Roku 4 in the bedroom connected to the bedroom TV, about  20 feet away from the smart Tv and wireless router
That does not  stop playing YT live streams after about 10 minutes Issue.  That includes watching the same Live stream channel

The Roku Ultra and Roku 4 are connected to the same wireless router.

Last week, i temporarily moved and hocked up the bedroom Roku 4  next to the smart TV and wireless router----and the Roku 4 started stopping after 10 minutes of watching live streams on You Tube.  Returned the Roku 4 back to the bedroom, it was not doing it any longer.

I have not had time to experiment more,  to formulate some more concrete conclusions. 

EDIT   FOLLOW UP:    Did more testing on the above theory.....does NOT appear to be a link
Last edited by empirefalls on Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

ktsanf

Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:31 pm

jerankin2 wrote:
Is there any resolution yet for this problem? I started to have these symptoms on live feeds via the Youtube app in late March, almost immediately after the latest Roku system update. I received that update on March 25, 2019, at 3:03 PM PDT. I had no problems before that. I do have problems now, including an example just a few minutes ago, on June 16, 2019.

Unit is TCL Roku TV 8116X, TCL Model 32S327,Software version 9.0.0 build 4151-48. I purchased this unit new on January 1, 2019.

Yeah, pretty much same here. It's a bug caused by an update Roku pushed out. They need to figure things out here.

ktsanf

Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:40 am

empirefalls wrote:
Could it be interference between a Roku .....and closeness to a smart tv -or wireless router? 

I have a Roku Uktra in the living room, next to a smart TV and a wireless router.
For months to this day, a YT Live stream channel will be playing, then stop after about 10 minutes

I, also, have a Roku 4 in the bedroom connected to the bedroom TV, about  20 feet away from the smart Tv and wireless router
That does not  stop playing YT live streams after about 10 minutes Issue.  That includes watching the same Live stream channel

The Roku Ultra and Roku 4 are connected to the same wireless router.

Last week, i temporarily moved and hocked up the bedroom Roku 4  next to the smart TV and wireless router----and the Roku 4 started stopping after 10 minutes of watching live streams on You Tube.  Returned the Roku 4 back to the bedroom, it was not doing it any longer.

I have not had time to experiment more,  to formulate some more concrete conclusions. 

EDIT   FOLLOW UP:    Did more testing on the above theory.....does NOT appear to be a link

Just tested on two devices - TCL Roku TV and Sony WiFi DVD player, both running YouTube app version f878cda. Streaming same exact live feed on both. Roku TCL changes after 15 minutes. Sony still streaming.
Roku broke it, they don't know how to fix it......

dmdukes

Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:21 pm

Add another person who cannot use their Roku for the one thing we bought it for (YouTube TV). Is there a way to roll the Roku back to pre 9.0.0?

RokuTannerD

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:42 am

@dmdukes 

Thanks for the note here. This topic thread is regarding the standard YouTube channel. If you're experiencing an issue with YouTubeTV, please create a new topic and we can help take a closer look to see what recommendations we can make. We'd also recommend contacting the channel provider directly to report any issue you're seeing and request any additional support they may be able to offer. 

Feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About and more details about the issue you're running into. I will assist you further from there. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

Matg

Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:19 am

Been getting this for the last couple of days

Have uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled but still Live streams stop after about 10-15 minutes. You can stop YT playing another video in the YT app preferences but it’s very annoying it stops as I’m trying to watch a motorsport event.

Roku use to great, recently they have gone downhill won’t be buying another since IPTV is now blocked.

HighDesertMike

Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:20 am

I'd like to add my two cents worth, as this is happening to me as well.  Live strems stop playing and move onto the next random video after about 15 minutes every time.  I also have an Amazon Fire TV Stick with the YouTube app installed that I decided to try this on last night, and found that the Fire TV Stick doesn't exhibit this behavior.  The live streams keep playing with no issues on that device.  Just an FYI to the powers that be.  Also, like other users have said, I also have had no problems with any other app on the Roku device.  This only affects the YouTube app.

jerankin2

Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:22 am

Yes, live feeds on Youtube are still broken, and I recently received Roku software version 9.1.0 build 4121-48 as an update. If anything, that update made the problem worse. For the very first time, I'm seeing live feeds that won't load on a few other apps as well as Youtube. Looks like I need a different smart TV service, because Roku just keeps getting worse. It worked beautifully from January to March, then started breaking.

ktsanf

Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:11 am

jerankin2 wrote:
Yes, live feeds on Youtube are still broken, and I recently received Roku software version 9.1.0 build 4121-48 as an update. If anything, that update made the problem worse. For the very first time, I'm seeing live feeds that won't load on a few other apps as well as Youtube. Looks like I need a different smart TV service, because Roku just keeps getting worse. It worked beautifully from January to March, then started breaking.

I was informed an update was coming, just no clue when, no ETA. Still broke. Still junk.

cochoochoo

Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:49 pm

I also have the problem with my live feeds timing out after 15 min. , this doesn't happen with my old Express or Streaming stick.  I can bring up YouTube on my SmartTV and watch all of my live 24hr streams with no problem, also watch them on the computer with no trouble.  Sounds like people didn't get the word on possible changes to the Ultra.
Chris

adamhenry

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:11 pm

I'm also seeing some videos but don't face any problem with a jumping video.

foognar

Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:37 am

Also having this issue on my brand new TCL Roku TV.
Super annoying.

I made an account just to post about this, because I find it really UNBELIEVABLE to see that this issue has been going on for such a long time and is not fixed.
It's definitely Roku's responsibility to follow up closely on this issue with Google/YouTube to ensure a good customer experience. 

Really, it's an unacceptable issue and instead of pointing fingers like the Three Stooges slipping on banana peels, simply get your act together and fix this issue, Roku.

Edit: And if Roku replies with "Please PM me your details and re-install the app" then so help me god... How about you reply with: "We are coordinating with YouTube on a fix."

RokuTannerD

Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:19 pm

Thanks for your note. 

We've previously provided this communication to users reporting this issue. See more here: https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=140775&start=30#p645302

We have continued to work with the channel provider to resolve the issue, and will be sure to provide further updates as they are available. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

ktsanf

Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:42 am

I wonder if we should start researching a class action?