Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

RokuTannerD

Re: Roku won’t connect to iPhone XR hotspot

Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:50 am

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for the continued notes. Rest assured the team is aware of the issue, and has been working on a resolution. As soon as an update is available that will address the issue on affected devices, I'll be sure to let everyone know. 

We appreciate everyone continuing to keep us posted. Please stay tuned! 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

cborgstrom

Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:57 pm

Is there a fix for this issue yet? I have been unable to use my system for over a month.

atc98092

Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:38 am

cborgstrom wrote:
Is there a fix for this issue yet? I have been unable to use my system for over a month.

Hard to say. I can connect to my Xr hotspot without a problem. But others say they can't. I just got my Xr about a month ago, so perhaps Apple has updated something. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

Jab1965

Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:12 am

So it’s 16th of September 2019. My Roku connects superbly with my home WiFi, but I am still unable to connect my Roku to my iPhone 7 ! I have not updated anything ! My Roku and my iPhone, and my husband have worked lovely together until this weekend just gone. Our phone hotspots work great with everything else I’ve tried, purely for elimination, but Roku will just not play ! Please will Roku fix this

dltaylor

Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:02 am

So I have an android phone but can't seem to find a thread for it. I've used the mobile hotspot on it to run my Roku Express for a couple months, all I've used since I got it, and not had any problems. A bit slow when we've had storms coming through but that's to be expected. As of 2 days ago it won't connect to the internet with the hotspot at all. I've tried changing my bandwidth to 5 GHz, again always worked fine at 2.4 GHz, and my Roku doesn't even find it when it's set up that way. Please tell me there's a fix for this.