Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

redtommy76

Re: Not enough space

Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:15 pm

DBDukes wrote:
redtommy76 wrote:
DBDukes wrote:
redtommy76 wrote:
My Ultra does this and I have an SD card that is nearly 100% empty.  I usually reboot to correct the issue.  Reset and new SD did not correct the issue

When you check via the system menu, does it show an SD card installed? How much space is used? It should indicate percentage, and that would likely be in relation to a 2 GB card, the largest Roku uses.

That message? Is it not letting you install stuff? Or is the prompt that comes when you launch an app, and it recommends you install a card. Because that's the message that Ultra usually gets if it doesn't have (or isn't compatible with) a microSD card. The message this post is about is the one where you can't even add an app, and had previously only been affecting Express models.

FYI. Roku recommended minimum for SD cards is 2GB not maximum.
  https://support.roku.com/article/208756 ... o-sd-card-

Try responding outside the quotes. It's much easier to read.

Since searching for small numbers is not supported on this forum, it'll take some time before I find where Roku support on this forum stated that 2 GB was the max it would use.

Still, look at my questions about the message. Are you certain it was the message that won't let you install apps? Not the recommendation to use microSD card?

I am certain of the message.  The provided link literally states a minimum 2GB card not maximum. 

DBDukes

Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:37 pm

redtommy76 wrote:
I am certain of the message. ... 

Exactly what does the message say? You've played the Pronoun Game. How about an exact quote of what it says? Because this is the first report of an Ultra showing the message that the Express had displayed.

Next time you get it, transcribe it here, along with what you were doing or attempting to do when it displayed. If this bug that was previously limited to the Express is impacting the Ultra, that's a major deal. Please be certain.
DBDukes
http://TelevisionMyWay.com
-------------------------------------------------
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)

RokuTannerDB

Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:01 pm

For anyone who is still seeing an error message when trying to add/install channels after performing a factory reset as described here: 

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-roku-streaming-device-

Please PM me with the following:

- The model of Roku device you are seeing the issue on. 
- Your Roku account email address and the serial number of your device from Settings>System>About
- More details, including the number of channels you currently have added to your Roku account, whether or not you have tried using a micro-SD card (along with the results of that method)
- The exact, specific error message(s) you see on screen. 
- The date when you first observed this issue occurring. 

I'll follow up with you directly to see what other steps we may be able to recommend to help resolve the issue. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager