Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

fonzy35

Re: Roku Premium Subscriptions on The Roku Channel

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:28 am

Scottt1174 wrote:
You must have an old TV then. The Tizen is better. Check out smart platforms on 4k.com review they rate it better then Roku. Roku always kicks me out of apps. If you have a Tizen TV from 2016 yes it wasn't that great. Now they have better support. It's just better in my opinion.

Is the new Tizen come with an android OS?
tia

atc98092

Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:52 am

fonzy35 wrote:
Scottt1174 wrote:
You must have an old TV then. The Tizen is better. Check out smart platforms on 4k.com review they rate it better then Roku. Roku always kicks me out of apps. If you have a Tizen TV from 2016 yes it wasn't that great. Now they have better support. It's just better in my opinion.

Is the new Tizen come with an android OS?
tia

Tizen is an OS, distinct from Android. It's Samsung specific. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

fonzy35

Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:17 pm

Another free channel that i just notice on Roku Channel:
FilmRise Live tv

rybo85

Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:46 am

I have a couple questions about how the Roku Channel premium subscriptions work.
1. I know that if you subscribe to a premium subscription in the Roku Channel, you have to watch the content in question within the Roku Channel. What I'm curious about is where these video streams are coming from. Is Roku handling the video streams? For example, are the Roku Channel HBO video streams coming from Roku servers (or at least whatever data center cloud Roku is paying), instead of coming from HBO's servers (or whoever HBO is paying for HBO Go/Now streams)?

2. Do the Roku Channel premium subscription video streams support Roku's display refresh rate auto switching feature (https://support.roku.com/article/115012823268-how-to-change-the-display-refresh-rate-to-match-the-native-format-of-each-movie-video-or-tv-show)? For example, if I watch an HBO on demand scripted drama (e.g. Game of Thrones) video stream within the Roku Channel, will my TV refresh rate be switched to 24Hz?

mortis

Thu May 09, 2019 7:18 am

rybo85 wrote:
I have a couple questions about how the Roku Channel premium subscriptions work.
1. I know that if you subscribe to a premium subscription in the Roku Channel, you have to watch the content in question within the Roku Channel. What I'm curious about is where these video streams are coming from. Is Roku handling the video streams? For example, are the Roku Channel HBO video streams coming from Roku servers (or at least whatever data center cloud Roku is paying), instead of coming from HBO's servers (or whoever HBO is paying for HBO Go/Now streams)?

2. Do the Roku Channel premium subscription video streams support Roku's display refresh rate auto switching feature (https://support.roku.com/article/115012823268-how-to-change-the-display-refresh-rate-to-match-the-native-format-of-each-movie-video-or-tv-show)? For example, if I watch an HBO on demand scripted drama (e.g. Game of Thrones) video stream within the Roku Channel, will my TV refresh rate be switched to 24Hz?

What is the value of this feature? if I want to watch HBO on a laptop or tablet I have to have my roku app installed?