Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

psongman

Re: TCL Roku TV owners, are you happy with the system and support?

Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:40 pm

I am posting this comment because I want Roku to get a few simple messages. What good is this TV or device if you can't go online, don't see why you can't do it as they say it will stream  Hulu and Netflix etc., so what is the problem and you can't go to next channel with numbers, wow, seems like that is an important feature, so many more needed additions to an update, but first, get an internet browser, PULLLLEEEEZE!

atc98092

Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:49 pm

psongman wrote:
I am posting this comment because I want Roku to get a few simple messages. What good is this TV or device if you can't go online, don't see why you can't do it as they say it will stream  Hulu and Netflix etc., so what is the problem and you can't go to next channel with numbers, wow, seems like that is an important feature, so many more needed additions to an update, but first, get an internet browser, PULLLLEEEEZE!

Roku has never been designed as a web browsing device, and I can't see any good reason for it to do so. My Samsung TV has a web browser, and it's miserable to attempt to use it. Stick with a computer, phone or tablet if you want to browse the Internet. A Roku would be a terrible web browser. As far as having a method of direct entering channel numbers, I'm with you there. My Samsung has an on-screen numeric keypad if I want to go straight to a channel. Roku needs to add one. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

Markp

Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:32 pm

If you just plug your cable box into your Roku TV with an HDMI you then can control the channel selection in any manner. We have Direct TV and continue to use their remote without missing a beat.You then have the best of both worlds.

Dbcomer1

Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:29 am

I am unhappy with three things: first, no channel numbers so you have to go to search each time to tune to a channel such as lifetime. I use directTV now and that would be extremely helpful. Just assign numbers to all channel offerings on the services to make it easier to go from one to the next.

Second, the DVR--- weirdly outdated. Cannot DVR a show while playing it, you have to present to record before the show starts. And recorded programs sometimes simply disappear from the list... where do they go?... before they are played. DVR should enable "backup" for a limited time such as 30 mins while watching any show.

Finally, the system audio and video frequently get out of sync, requiring system restart. Presumably there are time markers on each stream that should keep them linked, but they are frequently out of whack. Why?

These issues are creating family friction and pressure to return to the core. But I will not give in... for now!

jeffrok
** Valued Community Member **

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:47 pm

Dbcomer1 wrote:
I am unhappy with three things: first, no channel numbers so you have to go to search each time to tune to a channel such as lifetime. I use directTV now and that would be extremely helpful. Just assign numbers to all channel offerings on the services to make it easier to go from one to the next.

Second, the DVR--- weirdly outdated. Cannot DVR a show while playing it, you have to present to record before the show starts. And recorded programs sometimes simply disappear from the list... where do they go?... before they are played. DVR should enable "backup" for a limited time such as 30 mins while watching any show.

Finally, the system audio and video frequently get out of sync, requiring system restart. Presumably there are time markers on each stream that should keep them linked, but they are frequently out of whack. Why?

These issues are creating family friction and pressure to return to the core. But I will not give in... for now!

Sounds like you're complaining more about a channel (DirecTV Now) instead of the actual Roku TV. I think the op was asking about the TV itself.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10

carguy1949

Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:03 am

Roku has figured out a way to sell their product without having customer support. If you are having issues or questions about their products, good luck. They list a few categories you can pick from for problems you may be having, if it's not listed there, too bad. Sometimes I want to speak to a live person.