Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

RokuDale
Roku Engineering

Re: Issue playing audio from USB Roku Media Player

Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:15 pm

There are no problems with mp3 files on that release. There is a known issue with wma files, which is currently being addressed. 

nelsonsollen

Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:48 am

Thanks. I went back and did some more testing.  Almost all of my existing files are WMA and they do have this problem.  I was able to confirm that properly formatted MP3 files play fine on my Roku 3 with this release.  I was also successful with OGG as well as WAV files.  I had a separate issue with AAC and AC3 files which may be a problem with formatting.  They simply will not play, but there is no error message.  However, they play fine on a PC with VLC using the same HDD and image.  If you would like to look at these specific files, please let me know where to
send copies.

regards,

rob125

Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:59 pm

I have a Roku 3 and before the December update the Roku Media player was playing all of my music files without any problems. However, after the December update, Software version 9.0.0 Build 4084 was installed, it will play one song and then I get the error message: Audio Playback failed. The file contains no video tracks. My files are recorded in FLAC, MP3, WMA. Again, prior to the December updated noted above the RMP played all of my files without any problems.

tiger850

Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:16 pm

I have same issue with Roku 3800x Streaming Plus stick 9.1.0 build 4111-55.  The "Play on Roku" media player works for one song maybe 2 then stops.  Also photo player runs for about 3-6 minutes then stops.  Only way to get it working again is to restart the Roku remote app.  Using an Iphone 7 with on version 12.3.1.  So all latest versions but it doesn't work! 

Could it be Iphone goes into some kinda sleep mode even though program is running????

Help.

rob125

Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:56 am

My Roku 3 just updated this morning to 9.1.0 build 4111. I tried the Roku Media Player and it is now playing all of my music files MP3, WMA, and FLAC without any problems. It appears that the  playback problem that occurred with the December update was fixed with this latest update.