Thanks for sharing your observations here.
Try removing any channel you observe this issue on from the Roku home screen. Then, restart your device. Once it loads up again, add the channel back once more and try playing content again.
Does the same issue occur again? If so, have you tried watching another channel? Does the same issue occur in that channel?
If you are still experiencing this issue after removing the channel, restarting, and reinstalling, please PM me with the following information:
1. Roku account email address
2. Roku device serial number from Settings>System>About
3. Software version & build installed on your device
4. Specific example of the channel(s) the issue occurred on, as well as an example content title.
5. Time/date you last observed the issue occurring.
6. Make/model of TV that your Roku device in connected to.
7. Are you using an A/V receiver of any kind, or is your Roku device connected directly to the TV?
I'll take a closer look and follow up directly from there to provide any additional troubleshooting or gather any other details.
Roku Community Manager