Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Pasg15
Topic Author

Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:23 am

On my Roku express the audio lags behind the visual on all channels. Sometimes it starts ok and there is no lagging. If I pause the program the lagging starts. This is becoming very annoying I can't see why this is happening.Would it be the strength of the internet speed into my home .I currently receive between 4.5 and 5mps. This happens on all channels.

DBDukes

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:36 am

Pasg15 wrote:
On my Roku express the audio lags behind the visual on all channels. Sometimes it starts ok and there is no lagging. If I pause the program the lagging starts. This is becoming very annoying I can't see why this is happening.Would it be the strength of the internet speed into my home .I currently receive between 4.5 and 5mps. This happens on all channels.

Rather than say “all channels,” actually list the apps, as well as naming content. That way, someone with a similar device can check more accurately.
DBDukes
http://TelevisionMyWay.com
-------------------------------------------------
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)

Pasg15
Topic Author

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:31 am

It happens intermittently on all apps .At moment I am watching you tube .If I pause it the lagging starts. It is actually the visual lagging behind the audio.

gnj1958

Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:55 pm

Mine does the same thing only it does it on it's own. I will be watching a show, it will go to commercials then all of a sudden the lip sync is off. Way off. I can usually change channels to get it back on track but it's real annoying. Especially with all the other problems I have.

fonzy35

Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:23 pm

same here.
I have to do a rewind (30 seconds), and it's synchronize again 

Pasg15
Topic Author

Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:04 am

Thanks for the replies. This problem is accross the board and can present itself on any app i am using .Similar to the answers on posts. Either I pause content or there is a commercial break, then this problem starts. In my instance it is definitely the visual lagging behind the audio.
I have factory reset Roku but it still persists.

RokuTannerD

Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:28 pm

Thanks for sharing your observations here. 

Try removing any channel you observe this issue on from the Roku home screen. Then, restart your device. Once it loads up again, add the channel back once more and try playing content again. 

Does the same issue occur again? If so, have you tried watching another channel? Does the same issue occur in that channel? 

If you are still experiencing this issue after removing the channel, restarting, and reinstalling, please PM me with the following information: 

1. Roku account email address 
2. Roku device serial number from Settings>System>About 
3. Software version & build installed on your device  
4. Specific example of the channel(s) the issue occurred on, as well as an example content title. 
5. Time/date you last observed the issue occurring. 
6. Make/model of TV that your Roku device in connected to. 
7. Are you using an A/V receiver of any kind, or is your Roku device connected directly to the TV? 

I'll take a closer look and follow up directly from there to provide any additional troubleshooting or gather any other details. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager