Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Scottt1174
Topic Author

Shudder app is not loading video!

Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:13 am

Ok so this is wierd. I have a TCL 49"517 model. I added the Shudder app and signed up for the 7 day trial period. Anyway I added the channel signed up but when I try to watch a movie it doesnt load it just a black screen. Now what is wierd is when you first load the app it takes you to LIVE TV which works fine but when I pick a movie to watch it doesnt load and a movie wont play. I tried a few different movies in the app. Also another wierd thing is some moives had trailers attached to the movie. I picked a trailer and they load fine but not the movies. Anyway I deleted the app and reloaded it and it still has the same problem. Anyone know what else to do? The Roku software is up to date. Thx

DBDukes

Re: Shudder app is not loading video!

Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:37 am

Scottt1174 wrote:
Ok so this is wierd. I have a TCL 49"517 model. I added the Shudder app and signed up for the 7 day trial period. Anyway I added the channel signed up but when I try to watch a movie it doesnt load it just a black screen. Now what is wierd is when you first load the app it takes you to LIVE TV which works fine but when I pick a movie to watch it doesnt load and a movie wont play. I tried a few different movies in the app. Also another wierd thing is some moives had trailers attached to the movie. I picked a trailer and they load fine but not the movies. Anyway I deleted the app and reloaded it and it still has the same problem. Anyone know what else to do? The Roku software is up to date. Thx

Remember: to properly remove and reinstall an app, you must follow these steps, in this order:

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku. For a Roku TV, this means rebooting via the menu system, or unplugging it. It does not mean turning it off and on again.
  3. Reinstall the app

Whether or not that will resolve it, I can't say. But, if you didn't do it this way, it didn't count. Also, when you say "software is up to date" that is a meaningless statement. Roku TVs are in the midst of a major rollout of an update. You could be running 8.2 and be "up to date" or you could be running 9.0 and be "up to date." For this reason, always -- always! -- list the exact software version and build.
DBDukes
http://TelevisionMyWay.com
-------------------------------------------------
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)

Scottt1174
Topic Author

Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:47 am

I did all that. This is the only app that doesn't work. I did edit my post of the Roku with version and build maybe I forgot to save the post or sonething. My Roku is 8.2 build 4170. I didnt get the OS 9 version yet. Anything else j can do besides deleting ap and restarting Roku?
Thanks.

DBDukes

Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:02 am

Scottt1174 wrote:
I did all that. This is the only app that doesn't work. I did edit my post of the Roku with version and build maybe I forgot to save the post or sonething.  My Roku is 8.2 build 4170. I didnt get the OS 9 version yet. Anything else j can do besides deleting ap and restarting Roku?
Thanks.

I don't subscribe, so I can't speak to the actual usage of the app. However, it appears that the service supports multiple devices. So, have you gone to the Website and attempted to log in there? If so, does it play okay in the browser, both live and on-demand?
DBDukes
http://TelevisionMyWay.com
-------------------------------------------------
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)

jeffrok
** Valued Community Member **

Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:03 am

Scottt1174 wrote:
I did all that. This is the only app that doesn't work. I did edit my post of the Roku with version and build maybe I forgot to save the post or sonething. My Roku is 8.2 build 4170. I didnt get the OS 9 version yet. Anything else j can do besides deleting ap and restarting Roku?
Thanks.

I'd contact the channel developer and see if there's an outage of some kind.. is there another device type you can try this app on, like an Android device, PC, or AppleTV?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10

Scottt1174
Topic Author

Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:14 pm

Thanks for the help guys. Yes I did reach out to Shudder. Waiting to hear back. I didnt try it yet on my droid phone. That's what I am gonna do next. Again thanks for the help. I will report back.