Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Rahjer5
Topic Author

TCL Roku TV

Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:54 pm

I have a 32" TCL Roku TV 5147X. TCL model. 32S301-W. Serial number 2N00FW870096. Version 8.2.0 Build 4174-08. I have had this TV for a year.
I have 2 issues at this time.

1. I can no longer get any of my feeds at all. This has been going on for about several months and at least three or four updates ago. It says that I have 50 at this time. I have checked several times and I am still following.

2. I can longer get my cell phone and the tv on the same network in order to mirror certain apps ex: YouTube.

Please let me know if there is any fix for these situations.

atc98092

Re: TCL Roku TV

Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:56 pm

I can't speak to #1, but #2 has nothing to do with the Roku itself. If your phone isn't on the same network, it sounds like a incorrect setting in your router. There are multiple options. You might have a guest wireless enabled, which will usually block any network access other than connecting to the Internet. Even it that's not it, many wireless routers have a setting to block wireless connected devices from seeing anything on your network. The first thing to check is the IP address on your Roku and you phone. The IP address has four segments, separated by a period. The first three segments should be identical. Also, there's a number labeled NETMASK. That number should be identical on every networked device. If both of these are good, then look for a setting in your router that might be blocking wireless access to your internal network. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), and Ultra (4640), Insignia Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network. Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Yamaha RX-V583, CenturyLink DSL

jeffrok
** Valued Community Member **

Re: TCL Roku TV

Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:26 pm

To the OP:

Sounds like a network/internet issue. Have you recently started using a VPN or have you added a wifi extender or repeater to your network?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10