Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

pgtr
Topic Author

Help with 'Channel Surfing' Tips on YouTubeTV Channel

Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:08 pm

I'm looking for a few tips on using the YouTube TV service with a Roku (3800).

When I 'surf' sometimes I like to switch back to 'previous' channel. I figured out by hitting down twice and OK once real quick - I can go back and forth.

Q: But if I'm watching a channel then select the back arrow I can 'surf' the other 'live' channels. However if I don't see something else I like - how can I easily get back from the live guide to the original channel I was watching (and am still hearing audio for)? The only way I've found is to click all the way up to the top or click all the way back to the original channel (assuming I remember which I am/was on) - sometimes that's a lot of button pushes... Is there an easy way to get back to the original channel when on the live guide?

Q: Is there a way, when on the live schedule - to see program information? I can see the title of each program but that's it. The only way I can see further info is to actually change to the program and then click down and eventually click click click to more info like year, summary, actors... Am looking for a way to see extended description info directly from the guide screen of a given program?

thanks,

RokuTannerD

Re: Help with 'Channel Surfing' Tips on YouTubeTV Channel

Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:59 am

Great questions! YouTubeTV support would be the experts to help give you more insights here. 

You can find more tips and info about features/functionality by taking a look through their support site here: 

https://support.google.com/youtubetv/?hl=en#topic=

You can also reach out to YouTubeTV support directly on Twitter here for any questions and more help, if you aren't finding what you need: 

www.twitter.com/teamyoutube

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager