Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

RokuTannerD

Re: YouTube app exits a live stream on its own

Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:23 pm

Thanks for continuing to share the updates here. 

We have passed this feedback along to the channel provider, and requested that they investigate. I don't have any further updates on this at the moment, but would recommend following up with YouTube support to report the issue, and request additional assistance. 

I'll be sure to share any news I hear!

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

jjbond

Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:49 pm

This has now started affecting non live videos, I've been kicked out of three, well not kicked out like I am on the live ones where it takes you right out back to the list of videos, these ones the video just stops like you hit the stop button. These do not happen on my Youtube app on my Samsung smart TV so it's Roku related.

trekkeriii
** Valued Community Member **

Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:24 pm

jjbond wrote:
This has now started affecting non live videos, I've been kicked out of three, well not kicked out like I am on the live ones where it takes you right out back to the list of videos, these ones the video just stops like you hit the stop button. These do not happen on my Youtube app on my Samsung smart TV so it's Roku related.

Sounds like YouTube might have released a buggy channel. I think Roku mentioned they contacted the developer (in this case Google). Roku does not actually develop the channels. However, they will provide feedback to the Channel Developer.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert

hoanayang

Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:50 am

jjbond wrote:

I found all my streaming videos in youtube are affected. it just kicked off to the main menu after few mintues of usage.. not usable to me. I have 2 Roku, one I didn't upgrade, which was working well but it has the same issue afterwards. really painful...
I also have fire tvs and which works perfectly without any issue. so I agree which is Roku related with Youtube.

atc98092

Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:46 pm

hoanayang wrote:
I found all my streaming videos in youtube are affected. it just kicked off to the main menu after few minutes of usage.. not usable to me. I have 2 Roku, one I didn't upgrade, which was working well but it has the same issue afterwards. really painful...
I also have fire tvs and which works perfectly without any issue. so I agree which is Roku related with YouTube.

What model Roku are you using? If it's an older model, the YouTube channel just flat doesn't work well. Google keeps updating the channel for the latest models and doesn't seem to care if they break it on older boxes. For example, it's unusable on the 2 XS (model 3100). On my Stick it's fine. On my Insignia TV, it's usable but a little sluggish. It's also fine on my Sharp TV, my Ultra and my Premiere, so the newer, more powerful devices seem to work fine. 
Just because it works fine on a Fire TV means nothing on a Roku. Two completely different operating systems, so the apps are completely different. It's all on Google to fix their Roku channel. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

hoanayang

Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:11 pm

They come with TVs. I bought two TCL TVs last Dec. And they are the latest model so I believe it should be powerful enough. Other people have roku ultra ans they have the same issues too.

Everything was working fine in the first two months. Suddenly, I got this problem so I upgrade one TV but I still have the same issue.

I know roku and firetv are totally different. roku has issues, which made me need to switch to firetv. It has been cover 5 months and nothing solved. If I could return, for sure I will return them. 2 months of life is too short.

I believe we are not the only few who have such issues. They just don't know how to get supports. All my roku TVs have this issues, different models.

atc98092

Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:07 pm

hoanayang wrote:
They come with TVs. I bought two TCL TVs last Dec. And they are the latest model so I believe it should be powerful enough. Other people have roku ultra ans they have the same issues too.

Everything was working fine in the first two months. Suddenly, I got this problem so I upgrade one TV but I still have the same issue.

I know roku and firetv are totally different.  roku has issues, which made me need to switch to firetv. It has been cover 5 months and nothing solved. If I could return, for sure I will return them. 2 months of life is too short.

I believe we are not the only few who have such issues. They just don't know how to get supports. All my roku TVs have this issues, different models.

OK, you kind of answered my question. You have TCL Roku TVs. But what models? All I can say is I don't have any issues with YouTube on any of my Roku players or TVs. There doesn't seem to be a common thread about devices with YouTube problems. I watch both live streams and standard videos that exceed 30 minutes all the time, but have never had one exit playback. I'm just one data point, but it does help isolate that it isn't a widespread problem. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

hoanayang

Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:31 pm

atc98092 wrote:
hoanayang wrote:
OK, you kind of answered my question. You have TCL Roku TVs. But what models? All I can say is I don't have any issues with YouTube on any of my Roku players or TVs. There doesn't seem to be a common thread about devices with YouTube problems. I watch both live streams and standard videos that exceed 30 minutes all the time, but have never had one exit playback. I'm just one data point, but it does help isolate that it isn't a widespread problem. 

From the top of my head, 75R615 and 65R617. 
It is so weird, nothing get changes on TVs and network. One TV starts act like that. About 2 weeks later, another TV acts like that as well. I thought there were something change on the youtube server end, so I decided to upgrade one TV youtube client to see if the new youtube app fix it but which doesn't solve the issue. I only used youtube so I only know it happens on the youtube steaming. 

thanks