Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

blade_005

Re: First thoughts on Alexa for Roku skill

Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:49 pm

Netjera wrote:
Incidentally (and unrelated), has anyone figured out how to use the Amazon Echo as a speaker paired to a Roku TV?  I can't seem to find information on that anywhere.  Thanks!

Follow the instructions from Roku Skill page to DISCOVER any of your Roku devices from the Alexa app and then you can pair any of your Echo speakers to a specific Roku device. The notes on Roku Skill page says only one (1) Roku device, but I have three (3) Roku TV's set up and paired to three (3) different Echo speakers working just fine. Trick is to Enable the Skill, Discover a Roku Device and Pair it to a Echo speaker and then Disable the skill.Enable it again to pair a second Roku Device to another Echo speaker. Did this three times and got all three linked and working.

https://www.amazon.com/Roku/dp/B07KCPWH27/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=roku+skill&qid=1568839319&s=gateway&sr=8-1 
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SmartCast SB3651‑E6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)

Netjera

Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:44 pm

blade_005 wrote:
Netjera wrote:
Incidentally (and unrelated), has anyone figured out how to use the Amazon Echo as a speaker paired to a Roku TV?  I can't seem to find information on that anywhere.  Thanks!

Follow the instructions from Roku Skill page to DISCOVER any of your Roku devices from the Alexa app and then you can pair any of your Echo speakers to a specific Roku device. The notes on Roku Skill page says only one (1) Roku device, but I have three (3) Roku TV's set up and paired to three (3) different Echo speakers working just fine. Trick is to Enable the Skill, Discover a Roku Device and Pair it to a Echo speaker and then Disable the skill.Enable it again to pair a second Roku Device to another Echo speaker. Did this three times and got all three linked and working.

https://www.amazon.com/Roku/dp/B07KCPWH27/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=roku+skill&qid=1568839319&s=gateway&sr=8-1

And this allows me to listen to TV through the Echo?

blade_005

Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:05 am

Netjera wrote:
blade_005 wrote:
Netjera wrote:

And this allows me to listen to TV through the Echo?

Sorry. No. I missed the pairing as speaker part of your question. I thought you were trying to get your Echo paired for voice control. Don't think that is possible with an Echo device.
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SmartCast SB3651‑E6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)