Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

 
User avatar
jeffrok
** Valued Community Member **
Posts: 5523
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:51 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Contact:

Re: Replacement remote for 3500X streaming stick

Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:50 am

Chicken wrote:
jeffrok wrote:
I'm surprised that the Roku 3600 remote doesn't work with the Roku 3500. Same technology, no?

No it is not, and this is why Roku needs to provide documentation on which devices are no longer supported, a list of remotes for devices and which are NLA or unsupported.
It's independent of any need to know which version of windows someone is running, we all can adapt with or without Roku, I was doing fine before Roku arrived on the scene and will continue to do so after Roku has long gone.

[Content edited per Forum Guidelines]

What do you really know about the technology in the 3500/3600's?

And why is it all you do is complain and not offer much except for complaining? After this post, your posts will fortunately be blocked from my sight.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
 
SebasNights
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:25 am

Re: Replacement remote for 3500X streaming stick

Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:30 am

Hello, I'm having the same problem, my Purple Stick remote died, after hungrily consuming all my batteries and I can't find a replacement for it, neither can I use the App remote because I can't connect to it. I've tried to find a way from support with no success.
 
User avatar
atc98092
Posts: 3890
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:09 pm
Location: Auburn, WA

Re: Replacement remote for 3500X streaming stick

Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:24 pm

SebasNights wrote:
Hello, I'm having the same problem, my Purple Stick remote died, after hungrily consuming all my batteries and I can't find a replacement for it, neither can I use the App remote because I can't connect to it. I've tried to find a way from support with no success.

Well, the purple stick is getting pretty old. For about what a new remote would cost, you could get a new Roku. An Express is $30, and a remote would likely cost about the same. Spend $50 and you can get the latest Stick, which is far, far more capable. I looked on E-Bay and found a 3500 remote. Used they want $30. There are some other remotes for $20 that claim to work on the 3500, but Roku says the 3600 remote doesn't work on the 3500, so I'm not certain I would believe the E-Bay seller. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
 
SebasNights
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:25 am

Re: Replacement remote for 3500X streaming stick

Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:45 pm

atc98092 wrote:
SebasNights wrote:
Hello, I'm having the same problem, my Purple Stick remote died, after hungrily consuming all my batteries and I can't find a replacement for it, neither can I use the App remote because I can't connect to it. I've tried to find a way from support with no success.

Well, the purple stick is getting pretty old. For about what a new remote would cost, you could get a new Roku. An Express is $30, and a remote would likely cost about the same. Spend $50 and you can get the latest Stick, which is far, far more capable. I looked on E-Bay and found a 3500 remote. Used they want $30. There are some other remotes for $20 that claim to work on the 3500, but Roku says the 3600 remote doesn't work on the 3500, so I'm not certain I would believe the E-Bay seller. 

Thanks for your reply. That's the main problem, there's no official alternative, even if I want to pay that price. There's no workaround to use the app as a remote either.
 
User avatar
jeffrok
** Valued Community Member **
Posts: 5523
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:51 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Contact:

Re: Replacement remote for 3500X streaming stick

Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:04 pm

SebasNights wrote:
atc98092 wrote:
SebasNights wrote:
Hello, I'm having the same problem, my Purple Stick remote died, after hungrily consuming all my batteries and I can't find a replacement for it, neither can I use the App remote because I can't connect to it. I've tried to find a way from support with no success.

Well, the purple stick is getting pretty old. For about what a new remote would cost, you could get a new Roku. An Express is $30, and a remote would likely cost about the same. Spend $50 and you can get the latest Stick, which is far, far more capable. I looked on E-Bay and found a 3500 remote. Used they want $30. There are some other remotes for $20 that claim to work on the 3500, but Roku says the 3600 remote doesn't work on the 3500, so I'm not certain I would believe the E-Bay seller. 

Thanks for your reply. That's the main problem, there's no official alternative, even if I want to pay that price. There's no workaround to use the app as a remote either.


Just buy a new Roku..it'll be faster and you'll get a BRAND NEW remote, as well as a warranty.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
 
hatchera522
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:52 am

Re: Replacement remote for 3500X streaming stick

Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:00 am

Hello, 

I have Roku Streaming Stick 3500x. The remote stopped working a while ago so I started using the app on my phone as the remote. However, the power went out, had to reset my stick, but you need an actual remote to pair with it for set up. I have been looking for a replacement remote and cant find one for this specific model. Why is that? What can be done about this? I have my roku stick and cant even use it anymore. There has to be other options or someone I can get in touch with about this. Please help!
 
User avatar
jeffrok
** Valued Community Member **
Posts: 5523
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:51 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Contact:

Re: Replacement remote for 3500X streaming stick

Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:11 am

hatchera522 wrote:
Hello, 

I have Roku Streaming Stick 3500x. The remote stopped working a while ago so I started using the app on my phone as the remote. However, the power went out, had to reset my stick, but you need an actual remote to pair with it for set up. I have been looking for a replacement remote and cant find one for this specific model. Why is that? What can be done about this? I have my roku stick and cant even use it anymore. There has to be other options or someone I can get in touch with about this. Please help!


Just buy the newer stick (3600 or 3800).. newer, faster, better, and no discontinued remote issue.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
 
User avatar
RokuDanny-R
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Replacement remote for 3500X streaming stick

Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:04 am

@hatchera522

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

We no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500, however, we'd be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running. Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device). I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny
Roku Forum Moderator
 
ScaryStars
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:48 pm

Re: Replacement remote for 3500X streaming stick

Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:51 pm

Hi,
I really need some help. I'm moving soon for college and my only access to TV is through my roku stick. J have the 3500x and the remote stopped working. I cant seem to find a replacement for it. Is there any option for a replacement?
 
 
rsrn
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:51 am

Re: Replacement remote for 3500X streaming stick

Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:58 am

hi @RokuDanny-R I have the Roku Streaming Stick model 3600 and the remote control stopped working
I sent you pm, I need help please
 
User avatar
RokuTannerD
Posts: 719
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:37 pm

Re: Replacement remote for 3500X streaming stick

Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:29 pm

@rsrn

Thanks for the note here. Follow the steps listed here for help resolving issues with your Streaming Stick remote control: https://support.roku.com/article/208755708-how-do-i-resolve-problems-with-my-roku-enhanced-point-anywhere-remote-

Namely, taking out the old batteries, rebooting your Roku device, then inserting new batteries usually helps. If the additional steps noted in the article don't help resolve the issue, you can:

1. Try using the free Roku Mobile app to control your Streaming Stick: https://support.roku.com/article/115002681087-how-do-i-control-my-roku-streaming-device-using-the-roku-mobile-app-

or 

2. You can purchase a replacement Roku Voice Remote for the Streaming Stick (model 3600) here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/streaming-stick

Let us know if you need any additional help from there! 


Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
 
rsrn
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:51 am

Re: Replacement remote for 3500X streaming stick

Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:04 pm

RokuTannerD wrote:
@rsrn

Thanks for the note here. Follow the steps listed here for help resolving issues with your Streaming Stick remote control: https://support.roku.com/article/208755708-how-do-i-resolve-problems-with-my-roku-enhanced-point-anywhere-remote-

Namely, taking out the old batteries, rebooting your Roku device, then inserting new batteries usually helps. If the additional steps noted in the article don't help resolve the issue, you can:

1. Try using the free Roku Mobile app to control your Streaming Stick: https://support.roku.com/article/115002681087-how-do-i-control-my-roku-streaming-device-using-the-roku-mobile-app-

or 

2. You can purchase a replacement Roku Voice Remote for the Streaming Stick (model 3600) here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/streaming-stick

Let us know if you need any additional help from there! 


Cheers,
Tanner

Hi, I already tried all the methods and none works. I need to buy a replacement, Solucionado
 
Chicken
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:34 pm

Re: Replacement remote for 3500X streaming stick

Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:21 pm

rsrn wrote:
RokuTannerD wrote:
@rsrn

Thanks for the note here. Follow the steps listed here for help resolving issues with your Streaming Stick remote control: https://support.roku.com/article/208755708-how-do-i-resolve-problems-with-my-roku-enhanced-point-anywhere-remote-

Namely, taking out the old batteries, rebooting your Roku device, then inserting new batteries usually helps. If the additional steps noted in the article don't help resolve the issue, you can:

1. Try using the free Roku Mobile app to control your Streaming Stick: https://support.roku.com/article/115002681087-how-do-i-control-my-roku-streaming-device-using-the-roku-mobile-app-

or 

2. You can purchase a replacement Roku Voice Remote for the Streaming Stick (model 3600) here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/streaming-stick

Let us know if you need any additional help from there! 


Cheers,
Tanner

Hi, I already tried all the methods and none works. I need to buy a replacement, Solucionado

The 3600 stick and the 3800 sticks I have all will operate using the same 3800 stick remote, it's an enhanced remote with volume control and off button for TV and Roku voice search.  So you can buy a new 3800 stick with a remote and use that same remote with your 3600, or just buy the remote for the 3800.
The Ultra Roku remotes might still be infrared (IR), I don't know.  The stick remotes are RF(wifi) with an IR blaster for the TV on/off/volume.
 
Tivoburkee
Posts: 418
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:01 pm

Re: Replacement remote for 3500X streaming stick

Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:57 pm

Chicken wrote:
rsrn wrote:
RokuTannerD wrote:
@rsrn

Thanks for the note here. Follow the steps listed here for help resolving issues with your Streaming Stick remote control: https://support.roku.com/article/208755708-how-do-i-resolve-problems-with-my-roku-enhanced-point-anywhere-remote-

Namely, taking out the old batteries, rebooting your Roku device, then inserting new batteries usually helps. If the additional steps noted in the article don't help resolve the issue, you can:

1. Try using the free Roku Mobile app to control your Streaming Stick: https://support.roku.com/article/115002681087-how-do-i-control-my-roku-streaming-device-using-the-roku-mobile-app-

or 

2. You can purchase a replacement Roku Voice Remote for the Streaming Stick (model 3600) here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/streaming-stick

Let us know if you need any additional help from there! 


Cheers,
Tanner

Hi, I already tried all the methods and none works. I need to buy a replacement, Solucionado

The 3600 stick and the 3800 sticks I have all will operate using the same 3800 stick remote, it's an enhanced remote with volume control and off button for TV and Roku voice search.  So you can buy a new 3800 stick with a remote and use that same remote with your 3600, or just buy the remote for the 3800.
The Ultra Roku remotes might still be infrared (IR), I don't know.  The stick remotes are RF(wifi) with an IR blaster for the TV on/off/volume.

Actually the 3800 remote would control a roku ultra via IR for all commands if the 3800 was disconnected. I guess its by product of having any IR on board. Its wifi when the stick is powered, but unplug the power the remote switches to IR for all commands.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests