Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agoode

Feature request: support IR volume/mute on RC250 remote

Hi,

My Sonos playbase has IR input for volume and mute. This works great for most Roku remotes since they use IR for volume. But on the Roku TV with the voice remote (RC250), the remote only sends IR for Power, not volume or mute. It would be great if the remote would also output volume and mute on IR so I can control my external speakers from the remote as I can do with the Roku TV non-voice (IR-only) remote.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
warchiew

Re: Feature request: support IR volume/mute on RC250 remote

Any luck with this?  Same situation here. Playbase and Roku Ultra worked great together. Upgraded to a Roku TV and now the RF TV remote won’t speak to the Playbase. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

There are boat loads of IR Roku tv remotes on ebay for couple of bucks.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Holocron
Streaming Star

The point of this feature request is to use the RF functionality of the remote to control the Roku TV and the IR functionality with the audio device (sound bar in this case). The same improved functionality would be applied to the RC411.

Certainly, this functionality exists because these same exact remotes will pair via RF and control a Roku Ultra, for example, and use IR for TV control at the same time.  So the capability exists. The issue is that Roku deactivates the IR function when paired by RF to a Roku TV. If they would simply allow the remote to talk to the TV by RF and let the IR still function for volume up/down/mute control of a programmed device, the point of this topic would be solved.

0 Kudos