A few days ago yesterday the YouTube channel on my TCL Roku TV stopped working. When launching the channel after a few seconds of an hourglass a grey screen appears saying "Connection Error: Please reconnect to the Internet."
After this screen pops up, the "back" button won't respond and I have to use the home button to exit.
Troubleshooting steps taken (in order)
- Hard restart of TV (unplugged/plugged back in)
- Made sure TCL was on latest update
- Checked for good WiFi signal and time (set for auto)
- Uninstalled YouTube channel / reinstalled channel (latest version of channel)
- Uninstalled YouTube channel
- Factory Reset (ugh, last resort that proved fruitless but added an additional 30 minutes of work getting the TV back to its previous configuration.)
- Reinstalled YouTube channel
Very frustrating, and about 30 minutes of web searches pulled up "close but no cigar" issues, mostly with mobile devices but nothing directly related to Roku devices or Roku TVs. Both Roku and TCL support sites were of no help.
Anybody else having this issue? Any assistance would be appreciated!