Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Bombznroses
Topic Author

Low volume through soundbar

Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:25 pm

I recently purchased a Westinghouse soundbar for my 65” TCL Roku TV because I thought that the one I had purchased at goodwill didn’t work well. You can hear audio, but not at the level you would expect from a connected, amplified speaker. I use the optical because the soundbar doesn’t have HDMI. Couldn’t get it to work with RCA or line our outputs either. Help, please!

lion7718

Re: Low volume through soundbar

Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:43 am

Don't know if this will help...
When I was using my soundbar, setting it to 'Music' produced the best sound.

I use a sound system now.
Roku Stick: 3800RW
Roku Stick: 3800X
Roku Stick: 3600X (Died)
Roku 1 SE: 2710X (Retired)
Roku 2 XS: 3100X (Retired)

jeffrok
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Low volume through soundbar

Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:55 pm

Bombznroses wrote:
I recently purchased a Westinghouse soundbar for my 65” TCL Roku TV because I thought that the one I had purchased at goodwill didn’t work well. You can hear audio, but not at the level you would expect from a connected, amplified speaker. I use the optical because the soundbar doesn’t have HDMI. Couldn’t get it to work with RCA or line our outputs either. Help, please!

What's the model of the sound bar?

And if you don't mind me asking, and only because some people don't know how soundbars work, have you adjusted the soundbar's volume? I've known people to ask if their TV remote will control their soundbar (it won't), so just making sure you've adjusted your soundbar volume. Also know that some soundbars are just crap. If you bought a Westinghouse soundbar and it's of the crappy, low wattage variety, you'll get what you paid for.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10