Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

RokuTannerD

Re: Shout Factory TV Channel stopped working today

Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:14 pm

@everyone 

Thanks for continuing to share your observations. We've passed this feedback along to the channel publisher and requested that they continue to investigate the issue within their channel (app). 

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

Topic Author

Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:03 pm

Shout Factory TV answered my email sayjng that they are "working to correct the problem"  - however -  if you go to the Roku Channel to the listings of Premium Channels, there you will find Shout Factory TV with a black and white Icon the same as the old red icon. Click on that to install it and it wants $3.00 a month. You can view the channel content without paying anything and what is there is the formerly free Shout Factory TV channel just as it was before with all of the same content but now by subscription per month. So there is nothing wrong that needs to be fixed the channel has been made a subscription channel and Roku just has not deleted the old free Shout Factory TV channel form the listings. If you want the old channel go to Roku Channel to install it and pay them what they are asking for what used to be free. The response about they are working on it - well that is just a lot of baloney.

DBDukes

Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:42 pm

1775 wrote:
Shout Factory TV answered my email sayjng that they are "working to correct the problem"  - however -  if you go to the Roku Channel to the listings of Premium Channels, there you will find Shout Factory TV with a black and white Icon the same as the old red icon. Click on that to install it and it wants $3.00 a month. You can view the channel content without paying anything and what is there is the formerly free Shout Factory TV channel just as it was before with all of the same content but now by subscription per month. So there is nothing wrong that needs to be fixed the channel has been made a subscription channel and Roku just has not deleted the old free Shout Factory TV channel form the listings. If you want the old channel go to Roku Channel to install it and pay them what they are asking for what used to be free. The response about they are working on it - well that is just a lot of baloney.

What’s baloney is your analysis. The subscription model for Shout Factory TV has existed for some time, particularly on other platforms. Subscribing through Amazon has been an option for a while.

Also, the Shout Factory app (the stand-alone app) has been available on Roku and other platforms for a while, and they all broke at the same time. Shout Factory said it was an issue and they were working on it. And the Apple TV version is now working again. The Roku version updated but still exits; however the behavior before the crash is different (as mentioned in an earlier post), so they did more than change the app icon.

Seems to me like then getting it fixed on at least one platform and updating (though not fixing) the Roku app means they acknowledge the issue and are working on it. Just like they said.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com
-------------------------------------------------
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)

saw4846

Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:59 pm

You can watch all the Shout Factory content for free online so I am not sold on the “ they made it a pay service now” theory. That said I wish it would get the app fixed. 

Williamt100

Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:04 am

...I'm going through MST3K withdrawal !!!  Hopefully the channel with be operational again soon.

:shock:
Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X

DBDukes

Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:32 am

Williamt100 wrote:
...I'm going through MST3K withdrawal !!!  Hopefully the channel with be operational again soon.

:shock:

I've been using Pluto TV linear stream of MST3K. Don't get to pick my episodes, don't get to start from the beginning, but it is JOIKE and the Bots.
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)

Markp

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:22 pm

Don't know if anyone has noted this but the workaround is to add the free Tubi channel. They have basically all of Shout Factory programming.

fonzy35

Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:35 pm

Markp wrote:
Don't know if anyone has noted this but the workaround is to add the free Tubi channel. They have basically all of Shout Factory programming.

Yes, and Sonycrackle, popcornflix are free too

fonzy35

Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:57 pm

The Free ShoutFactory Tv channel (red and black icon) is working again in roku.

DBDukes

Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:08 pm

fonzy35 wrote:

The app icon now has Crow and Servo on it. And while it works, it’s very limited content. I assume they’re still working on it.
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)

Williamt100

Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:52 am

Good to see that it's back on Roku -- I agree that the new "format" is lacking and with limited content.
Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X

fonzy35

Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:44 pm

DBDukes wrote:
fonzy35 wrote:

The app icon now has Crow and Servo on it. And while it works, it’s very limited content. I assume they’re still working on it.

Yeah, i just notice that, the icon have change and there's 100 titles to choose from(at the time of this post)

saw4846

Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:49 pm

I contacted the nice folks at Shout factory and they replied early today saying that they have released the app with a very limited playlist until they could get a complete fix ready. They will release a new version of the app when they get it all figured out.