Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

RokuDale
Roku Engineering

Re: Best usb media player app

Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:50 am

Those are some pretty long filenames. Using filenames to embed the description is an interesting way to get a description in there since RMP currently doesn't pull metadata out of video files.
Off the record, have you looked at what a playlist.m3u file might allow you to do?

meyerovb
Topic Author

Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:33 am

hhdbennett wrote:
yes, list displays the most information but the text is still broken in the middle.

like this

invasion of the bee girls - a powerful co(cut text)
kill men by wearing them out

both roku 4 and tcl roku tv have this bug

You my friend have a unique sense in films to watch on your roku

atc98092

Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:45 am

meyerovb wrote:
hhdbennett wrote:
yes, list displays the most information but the text is still broken in the middle.

like this

invasion of the bee girls - a powerful co(cut text)
kill men by wearing them out

both roku 4 and tcl roku tv have this bug

You my friend have a unique sense in films to watch on your roku

That's a fun movie with bad audio and really awful video quality as well. Perfect when you just want some noise on your TV!  :lol:
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

jfaulken

Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:09 pm

Hey RokuDale!

Playing video files from USB. What is the purpose of the big word bubbles that pop up under any item you have selected? Is there a way to stuff content into there? It looks like it just replicates the filename twice. Can we customize that? I've tried obvious things like VideoName.txt in the folder with it.

Thanks!
John

atc98092

Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:51 am

jfaulken wrote:
Hey RokuDale!

Playing video files from USB. What is the purpose of the big word bubbles that pop up under any item you have selected? Is there a way to stuff content into there? It looks like it just replicates the filename twice. Can we customize that? I've tried obvious things like VideoName.txt in the folder with it.

Thanks!
John

Dale has retired, and RokuChris has assumed the mantle of RMP support. I don’t recall what you’re referencing, and am currently at the airport waiting for a flight. I won’t be able to look at RMP until I get home Wed, but I’ll look at it and see if I can tell what you mean.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.