Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

tgssoft
Topic Author

Sling TV last week's episode not showing

Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:03 pm

Since last week Monday, Sling TV is not working properly on Roku 3 and Roku Stick. In the past I could see episodes of international channels, up to 1 week back. Now I can only see 2 days with a cut off of 5 pm PT. I called Sling TV and that told me only Roku Sling TV app has a problem. I checked Sling TV on my phone and was delighted to see previous weeks episodes.

Is there a fix for this issue? Is someone working on this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do not like to cast using my smartphone, on to the TV as I don't see full screen

Elijah_Baley

Re: Sling TV last week's episode not showing

Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:29 pm

It is still Sling's fault. They wrote the app they own the app and it is their responsibility to fix it.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

RokuTannerD

Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:59 pm

@tgssoft

Which specific channels or shows are you observing this issue on within the SlingTV channel? Where do you typically access these episodes within the SlingTV channel interface? 

With more info, we can take a closer look to see what may be happening, and help report this over to the channel provider. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

tgssoft
Topic Author

Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:04 am

I subscribe to international Hindi channels like Sony TV, Star Plus, Zee TV, Aap ka Colors TV.... It is not just one, but every channel on Sling TV streamed through Roku had this problem. I have a Roku Stick and a Roku 3.,.. Both have the same issue... Does not go beyond yesterday 5 pm

RokuTannerD

Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:40 pm

Thanks for the details here. 

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, the serial number(s) of your Roku devices, and any additional information or observation that may help investigate further. We'll go ahead and help pass along your report to the channel provider to take a closer look from there. 

(To also note, it appears as if Sling TV may have altered the availability of one or more of the channels you mentioned within their service: 
https://help.sling.com/en/support/solut ... -channels- )

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

OnlyWireless

Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:48 pm

I have the same issue as tgssoft with sling TV/Roku. I have two Roku sticks, one Roku3, and one Roku Ultra. Same issue with all devices. I talked to sling customer support and they said it is a Roku issue. I talked to Roku customer support and they said it is a Sling issue since channel content is not controlled by them. However, I am able to see one week's prior programming with Fire TV stick. Since I can see 1 week's sling on my android device, I tried to cast it to my TV but only sound is heard, no picture. I am successfully able to cast videos from YouTube or Amazon prime from my Android to my TV. SO it definitely looks like Roku streaming has a software issue with SLing content.
My Roku version is 9.0.0 Build: 4142, and Sling tv version 5.12 build 145

tgssoft
Topic Author

Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:37 pm

Hi Tanner

I am new to this forum. I don't know how to send a PM.
My Roku player, software version is 9.0.0 Build 4142. Just like the other user said, Sling is working on all other devices except Roku. I can see only one day old programming.

As for Star TV, they stopped showing programs on Sling a few months ago. For that, I use Hotstar app on Roku and yes I have to pay extra.

So the root of the problem is that either Sling made a change to their streaming software, and their QA team missed testing on Roku, or it is possible Roku has had some disagreement with Sling because if which it has been over 3 weeks and no resolution is in sight

DBDukes

Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:57 pm

tgssoft wrote:
Hi Tanner

I am new to this forum. I don't know how to send a PM. ..,

Click his name. His profile opens. At the bottom is a link to send a private message.
DBDukes
http://TelevisionMyWay.com
-------------------------------------------------
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)

RokuTannerD

Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:48 pm

@tgssoft

Thanks for following up! We've shared your report over with Sling TV. This is something they are aware of and investigating currently. Please feel free to follow up with them directly for additional status updates. 

Thanks! 
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

OnlyWireless

Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:00 pm

Any further update on this issue which is still present?

tgssoft
Topic Author

Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:00 pm

I still don't see any difference. I think Sling TV takes months to resolve issues. By that time we will miss so many hours of programming.

OnlyWireless

Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:33 pm

I ditched Roku and switched to Fire TV stick. The Sling TV app on Fire Stick lets me see seven days' programming. The GUI of Fire Stick is not as friendly as Roku but that's ok

OnlyWireless

Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:21 am

Update. As of today (4/5) the sling TV/Roku fixed the issue. Now I can watch 8 day's prior programming on Roku Stick and Roku 3 as before. cheerios!

macwell

Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:25 pm

I am currently having this same issue with FX's, 'Snowfall'. Not able to watch the most recent episode, whereas I had been able to watch previous episodes anytime after they air, regardless of me not having DVR. Anyone have a solution?

optikhog

Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:46 pm

macwell wrote:
I am currently having this same issue with FX's, 'Snowfall'. Not able to watch the most recent episode, whereas I had been able to watch previous episodes anytime after they air, regardless of me not having DVR. Anyone have a solution?

Did you reach out to FX? They make and maintain that channel.

http://form.jotformpro.com/form/42386744094967