Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Kcourson

Re: [Official] OS 9.1 Release Notes

Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:58 am

My roku ok button doesn’t work and neither does the down button, everything else works I’m just having issues with those two buttons.

alexm9999

Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:48 pm

My Roku TV is have two issues that seem to have started since it was updated to the latest 9.1 build
  1. ARC Sync with Denon S530BT isn't working - S530 turns on but doesn't get any audio.  Have to unplug/plug HDMI to get it to work.  Workaround is to use optical cable and turn off ARC
  2. My TV is set to turn on to Antenna.  Frequently when it turn on it goes to the last channel viewed but doesn't get any reception.  If I channel up/down it tunes just fine.

RokuTannerD
Topic Author

Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:44 am

@Kcourson 

It sounds like your remote buttons may have worn out or become non-functional. You can check out replacement remote accessories on our website here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

If your device is still under warranty, our support team may be able to provide additional options. You can get in touch with us directly here: https://support.roku.com/contactus

@alexm9999

Thanks for the note. 

- Have you tried selecting different audio settings in Settings>Audio>S/PDIF and ARC to see if this makes any difference? 
- Have you tried swapping out the HDMI cable and/or port on the receiver? 
- Do you observe no audio at all, or only no audio from specific channels when using HDMI ARC?

- For the antenna issue, have you tried re-scanning for antenna channels, and restarting the TV from Settings>System>Power>System restart to see if this resolves the issue? 

Feel free to send me a PM with more details about each issue you're running into, along with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku TV from Settings>System>About. I'll take a closer look and see what other suggestions we can make. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

jeflatt

Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:28 pm

I haven't seen this issue in any of the other forums, but since this just started happening recently, I suspect it might be the new OS. I have a Roku Ultra (4660X) with 9.1.0 build 4111-46 running on it. I have been controlling my Roku with a Harmony Ultimate One remote and Harmony hub. Everything was fine until a few weeks ago. Now the Harmony hub is having trouble connecting with the Roku, giving me the error message "Unable to connect with Roku Ultra over WiFi". The issue is very intermittent, i.e. it was working fine when I turned on the system 15 minutes ago, then it stopped working, and now it's working again. I haven't changed anything in that 15 minutes. I have tried rebooting the Roku, as well as the Harmony hub, as well as the router. Things may start working temporarily after a reboot, but then it stops again. The remote also controls all of my other devices (TV, Receiver, etc) without any issues whatsoever so I'm pretty certain that this is a Roku issue, and not a Harmony issue.