Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

pabloandnene

Re: [Official] OS 9.1 Release Notes

Thu May 02, 2019 8:56 am

It's getting close to a month and I still haven't received the update for any of my devices. Normally it hasn't taken this long, was there something wrong with the update that delaying it?
2 Roku Streaming Sticks (3600x)
1 Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810x)

DBDukes

Fri May 03, 2019 11:04 pm

pabloandnene wrote:
It's getting close to a month and I still haven't received the update for any of my devices. Normally it hasn't taken this long, was there something wrong with the update that delaying it?

This is how it is. For the last major update (8.1 to 9.0) one of my devices got it within a couple of weeks, another shortly after, and one nearly 3 months after rollout began. There's no guarantee you'll get it within the same timeframe as a previous update. You should expect it within the window Roku said. If you get it early in the window, great. If you get it late in the window, you got it in the window. It's only an issue if you don't get it within the window. You might not like the timeframe, but that's how it is.
DBDukes
http://TelevisionMyWay.com
-------------------------------------------------
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)

CParker

Sun May 12, 2019 6:00 am

Over a month since release. I have an Ultra and 3 Streaming Stick+.
None of them updated yet. I'm hoping this update fixes the audio issues when Leveling is on. I have to keep turning it off and then back on again and in one case on a Streaming Stick+ the audio was messed up beyond just lip sync and the only way to recover was to reboot the stick.
So.... c'mon, Roku... open those gates. :)
Chief Technology Officer, Barge Captain/mechanic/deckhand/dock hand, Cook, Lawn care and vehicle maintenance.
Yep.... I'm retired. :D

jsmiddleton4

Mon May 13, 2019 5:38 pm

Yes long time this time compared to the other releases.  The way we end users are victims of ROKU's FW nonsense we don't have any say.  But it is worth noting.

cosmoxl

Tue May 14, 2019 6:57 am

They're so concerned about bugs, afraid to affect a large % of users.  Why not just make a beta test option?  Those users who want to install an update right away can enable the beta.  Those users who want to wait for all problems to shake out can keep beta turned off.  Beta testing is basically what's going on except the users can't decide if they're in beta or not - roku does.

atc98092

Tue May 14, 2019 8:45 am

cosmoxl wrote:
They're so concerned about bugs, afraid to affect a large % of users.  Why not just make a beta test option?  Those users who want to install an update right away can enable the beta.  Those users who want to wait for all problems to shake out can keep beta turned off.  Beta testing is basically what's going on except the users can't decide if they're in beta or not - roku does.

They do offer beta testing. I have several, but not all of my Roku devices enrolled. But sometimes the beta will break stuff, so best not to be part of it unless you have more than one device available. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

CParker

Tue May 14, 2019 9:38 am

I get it. I'm learning. We're recent cord cutters and bought a Roku to test things out. Liked it so much we bought 3 more. So I have an Ultra and 3 Streaming Stick+ and none of them have gotten this update. I'm anxious to see if it fixes the audio sync issue we've had on both the Ultra and Stick+ devices. Because that's really the only issue we've had with them.

So I'm kinda new to Roku and how they do things.
Chief Technology Officer, Barge Captain/mechanic/deckhand/dock hand, Cook, Lawn care and vehicle maintenance.

MWDXER

Tue May 14, 2019 10:40 pm

I have  two Roku Express+ and I have not gotten the updates either.

Muerte33

Wed May 15, 2019 12:38 pm

I do not have 9.1 on my Ultra nor on my TCL TV, but will it allow voice search in Youtube videos from the remote control?
I know I can sort of do this on my android phone app, but my Roku Ultra is wired, and the phone is on wireless and they are not on the same network.
Also, is there a way in 9.1 to view detailed stream information?
Thanks!

atc98092

Wed May 15, 2019 1:55 pm

Muerte33 wrote:
I do not have 9.1 on my Ultra nor on my TCL TV, but will it allow voice search in Youtube videos from the remote control?
I know I can sort of do this on my android phone app, but my Roku Ultra is wired, and the phone is on wireless and they are not on the same network.
Thanks!

Wired and wireless are most likely still the same network, unless you have some very strange home network configuration. I'm assuming your are connecting your phone to your home network via WiFi. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

Muerte33

Wed May 15, 2019 2:45 pm

atc98092 wrote:
Muerte33 wrote:
Thanks!

Wired and wireless are most likely still the same network, unless you have some very strange home network configuration. I'm assuming your are connecting your phone to your home network via WiFi. 

In my case the wireless is on 192.168.1.x and the wired is on 192.168.2.x.  My main CIsco router that has my USB network storage attached never got an update for the KRACK WPA2 exploit, so I turned off wireless on it, then plugged in an old ASUS unit with a current version of DD-WRT (only wireless connections go through it).  I can make the TCL TV and ROKU ULTRA go wireless, but it just seem like I get hiccups every now and then when going wireless. 

Does anyone know a button to press on the Roku Remote to see detailed stream information?

MWDXER

Wed May 22, 2019 3:10 am

I still do not have the 9.1 update on neither of the Roku Express+ as yet either.

CParker

Wed May 22, 2019 3:32 am

It's still rolling out. I have it on 3 Streaming Stick+, but not yet on my Ultra. No worries. It's still coming :D

rockou

Wed May 22, 2019 6:35 pm

I just recently got it on my first gen Ultra so it is still rolling out.
4K HDR TV: Samsung UN60KS8000
4K HDR Receiver: Yamaha RX-V381
4K HDR blu ray: Samsung UBD-K8500
4K HDR streamer: Roku Ultra (2016 model)
4K HDR Gaming: Xbox One X
4K HDR DVR: Directv Genie HS17-500 w/ C61K mini client
Cables: Amazon Basics 18Gbps HDMI

MWDXER

Wed May 22, 2019 9:29 pm

Thanks for update.