Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jjbond

Re: [Official] OS 9.1 Release Notes

Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:06 pm

I found a method for your support people to determine what is going wrong with my unit, it's not longer just stopping on live youtube items but on certain live videos that have now been saved as normal by youtube.

This video, on my brand new ultra plays till he says 5 second mark where he says "today we're going to discuss cost of living", it was stopping EVERY time at that point. I then went and watched it on the Youtube player in my Samsung and it played fine, never stopping. Now when I go back to the Ultra and rewind (cus it knows I've watched it on another player) and watch, it does NOT stop, it goes past that part perfectly... this is messed up big time..

Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o9iAniCnao

Jennifer

RokuTannerD
Topic Author

Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:58 am

@jjbond 

Thanks for sharing your experience. We have reported this issue to the channel provider and are working with them to help get this resolved. Once an update or fix is available, it should resolve the playback issue you are seeing with YouTube. I'd suggest following up with the channel provider's support team directly to see if they have any additional troubleshooting that may help in the meantime. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

yacheah

Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:25 am

georgeframe

Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:34 am

I have 3 Roku 3 boxes, 1 4230x and 2 4200x. I often cast from my android phone either from youtube or from other streaming sites via tv cast roku app. This has worked well until the 9.10 update. Since then the rokus fail to show up as available to cast to in either youtube or the tv cast app. All the roku boxes are wired connections. If I either restart one of the rokus (doesn't matter which one) or go into settings on a roku and ask it to search for a wifi connection then after that all the rokus show up as able to cast to but they then disappear after 5 mins and I have to go through the process again to be able to cast. If I connect the rokus via wifi then this problem disappears but because of the layout of my house this is not practical because of poor wifi coverage in some areas. If I connect one roku via wifi and leave the others wired then only the wifi one shows as able to cast to. I desperately need this to be fixed either by an update or by being able to go back to an old software version. Please help.

RokuTannerD
Topic Author

Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:37 am

@georgeframe

Thanks for letting us know what you are seeing here. Have you tried rebooting your router to see if this helps clear up the issue? 

Please send me a private message with your Roku account email address, both of your players' serial numbers from Settings>System>About, the specific phone make/model and version of Android it is running from the Settings menu, along with the specific make/model of router you are using with your devices. I can help take a closer look and see what else we can recommend to assist you here. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

georgeframe

Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:01 am

Hi Tanner, thanks for your reply. I think i have solved this issue. I had tried rebooting the router several times to no avail but I noticed while getting together the info you requested that when I moved to a different area of the house all started to work ok. Looking at this I found that when the phone connected to the network via one particular wireless AP then it lost the roku boxes, although it could still connect to the internet via that AP. The other APs in the house (I have 3 total - big house) did not give this problem. A simple reboot of the dodgy AP and the problem was gone!!! I will keep an eye on it and come back to you if it doesn't work.
Thanks again.

INAXBM

Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:50 am

Is 9.1 the blame for Fox News no longer working?
thanks!
inaxbm

RokuTannerD
Topic Author

Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:04 am

@INAXBM 

We're not currently aware of any known issues with Fox News on Roku devices. I tested the channel here and am not encountering any troubles. 

I'd recommend restarting your Roku device, then trying again. If that isn't resolving the issue, try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, then choosing 'Remove channel'. Then, go to Settings>System>System restart, and reboot your Roku device. Once it starts up again, add the Fox News channel back once more and log in with your TV provider again. 

Please let us know if that helps clear up the issue you're seeing. If not, I'd recommend reaching out to Fox News support directly to report the issue you're running into with their channel, and request any additional support they may be able to offer. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

khameleun

Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:55 am

I hope this is the right place to post this. I submitted a support request about this as well but I want to make this issue known.

My Roku TV received the 9.1.0 build yesterday morning, and when attempting to use the tv yesterday evening I found that my Roku Wireless Speakers (9030X V 9.1.0.4105) were no longer working. Upon further investigation I found that when only one of the speakers is connected (either one), the sound comes out. But when both of them are connected, no sound plays.

My Hardware
---
TV: TCL 55S517 Roku TV
TV Software Version: 9.1.0 build 4129-30 (updated 06/27/2019)
Speakers: Roku Wireless Speakers 9030X
Speaker Software Version: 9.1.0.4105

What I have tried
---
• Powering the TV off and back on with the remote.
• Restarting the TV through the system menu.
• Unplugging the TV and plugging it back in.
• Restarting the speakers through the system menu.
• Resetting the sound settings through the system menu.
• Unplugging the speakers and plugging them back in.
• Restoring the speakers to factory settings and re-pairing.

In all of the above cases, the issue was the same. Each individual speaker works, but only when a single speaker is connected. For example, while one speaker is restarting the other will play sound. But as soon as both are connected again the sound disappears. I am confident that the software update created this issue, and that this is not an issue with my hardware.

Is there a way to roll back the software to a previous version until this is fixed? As it is, my speakers are unusable.

RokuTannerD
Topic Author

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:09 am

@khameleun

Thanks for reaching out to let us know about the issue you're experiencing. Please feel free to send me a private message with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your TV from Settings>System>About, and more information about any troubleshooting steps you've performed. I'll continue assisting you directly while we investigate further. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

biomesh

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:42 am

With this update it seems that even with "Device Connect" disabled that the roku devices will broadcast a hidden SSID on wireless.  Is there a way to disable this hidden SSID broadcast from my roku devices?

I have wired and wireless devices(different roku models as well), and it happens on both.

atc98092

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:55 pm

biomesh wrote:
With this update it seems that even with "Device Connect" disabled that the roku devices will broadcast a hidden SSID on wireless.  Is there a way to disable this hidden SSID broadcast from my roku devices?

I have wired and wireless devices(different roku models as well), and it happens on both.

If you have a model that has a WiFi direct remote, then no you can't disable it. That's how the remote talks to the Roku. Many (but not all) Roku devices use a WiFi remote. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

biomesh

Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:32 pm

atc98092 wrote:
biomesh wrote:

If you have a model that has a WiFi direct remote, then no you can't disable it. That's how the remote talks to the Roku. Many (but not all) Roku devices use a WiFi remote. 

I don't use any wifi direct remotes.  I use IR remotes and the smartphone app.  Neither of these require the roku to have it's own network.  It worked fine in earlier OS versions.  I checked my wifi scans recently to see the rokus broadcasting again.  Disabling device connect should stop this behavior, but it does not seem to work anymore with the 9.1 update.

EDIT:  My devices are a 4200X and multiple 4210X.

overtimeman

Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:49 pm

My TCL Roku TV still hasn't received the update but no biggie.My Ultra and stick has been upgraded to 9.1.0 build 4111-46 and both are fine.Inserted a micro card into mu Ultra since I downgraded to basic analog with my cable and use the TV everywhere apps to enjoy viewing programs in 3840 x 2160 4K.
I used to have a life before Roku!

CotopaxiRon

Re: [Official] OS 9.1 Release Notes - Bug Report - Volume Level Display

Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:37 pm

Device: TCL Model 55P607 (Roku) TV
Software: 9.1.0 Build 4129-30
Received: 7/11/2019

I have the TV Audio Speakers turned OFF, however when I adjust the volume on my AVR, a volume level display is shown in the upper right corner of the TV.

The display indicates volume being increased and decreased, not the "no speaker icon", but (obviously?) does not directly correspond with the AVR volume.