Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

empirefalls
Topic Author

You Tube TV Price Increase

Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:16 pm

Google jacks up YouTube TV price to $50 per month
Mashable-1 hour ago
https://mashable.com/article/youtube-tv ... xidqXTdiqS
Last edited by empirefalls on Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

empirefalls
Topic Author

Re: You Tube TV jacking UP price

Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:20 pm

i noticed it about 3 years ago and have mentioned it. 
Streaming Media is turning into Satellite/Cable without the dish on the house.:  Higher prices that dont stop, Less ya getting, and more more more ads

ghb51

Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:57 pm

This is genuinely bad news, I'm currently on You tube tv and like it, but $40 was the max for me, this is going to force me back to Sling.

edit - just got the email from YouTube tv about this, if you're on Apple TV it's going up to $55 a month compared to $50 for Roku users, never had an Apple TV so I'm not sure what the differences are, if any,  between the two to justify the price disparity

scottypie1234

Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:01 pm

ghb51 wrote:
This is genuinely bad news, I'm currently on You tube tv and like it, but $40 was the max for me, this is going to force me back to Sling.

edit - just got the email from YouTube tv about this, if you're on Apple TV it's going up to $55 a month compared to $50 for Roku users, never had an Apple TV so I'm not sure what the differences are, if any,  between the two to justify the price disparity

Not exactly. It's a $5 premium for purchasing through iTunes. Apple charges a $5 premium for the privilege of purchasing from them. You can purchase directly from YouTube to save the $5 and still use it on your Apple hardware.

ghb51

Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:24 am

scottypie1234 wrote:
ghb51 wrote:

Not exactly. It's a $5 premium for purchasing through iTunes. Apple charges a $5 premium for the privilege of purchasing from them. You can purchase directly from YouTube to save the $5 and still use it on your Apple hardware.

Ahh, thanks.

mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **

Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:05 am

empirefalls wrote:
Streaming Media is turning into Satellite/Cable without the dish on the house.:  Higher prices that dont stop, Less ya getting, and more more more ads

It's entertainment. If it's too much, don't pay for it. There are more options now than ever before. 

Also, everything, everywhere, goes up in price, all the time. 

empirefalls
Topic Author

Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:47 pm

mikebdoss wrote:
empirefalls wrote:

It's entertainment. If it's too much, don't pay for it. There are more options now than ever before. 

Also, everything, everywhere, goes up in price, all the time. 

As well as something always comes along to replace old technology with new technology. 
Cable TV technology , followed by satellite TV technology, and now, currently, for the time being, streaming media TV technology.   Higher, arrogant, prices of the current technology,  fuel the search for newer technology.

Tajson

Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:04 pm

empirefalls wrote:
Higher, arrogant, prices of the current technology,  fuel the search for newer technology.

The sooner you come to terms that nothing is free in life, the happier you will be.
And just pay for what makes you happy...

jontalk

Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:53 am

While I"m not a YT TV subscriber, I've grown very frustrated with the channel due to the strangest video recommendations. Some of them are SO weird and unlike anything I've ever searched, its baffling. Normally in the Recommended tab I'd get a nice sampling from my subscriptions or history, but NOT anymore! I removed the channel and hopefully YT will get feedback from others having the same issues
Roku 3 - Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
LG OLED55B7A, Roku 3, Marantz SR-6005, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds.

empirefalls
Topic Author

Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:43 pm

Tajson wrote:
empirefalls wrote:
Higher, arrogant, prices of the current technology,  fuel the search for newer technology.

The sooner you come to terms that nothing is free in life, the happier you will be.
And just pay for what makes you happy...

I went about the past year and a half with no streaming media TV package.  Didnt miss it. Didnt miss the monthly withdrawals from my fiances. I was also able to reduce my internet speed price package to a lower price tier. 
Had You Tube TV for the past month because it was a free month.  Not sure if i was going to renew at $40, but going to $50 a month made the decision: NO

hackztor

Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:02 am

Of course streaming is turning into old sat/cable. Prices always go up but so did sat/cable (imagine how much that is now). Though with streaming the provider does not provide you the box or dish, does not need techs to go out to homes etc so you think it would be somewhat cheaper to maintain but now everyone wants more pieces of the pie.

empirefalls
Topic Author

Re: You Tube TV jacking UP price/ UPDATE Now You Tube TV just dropped local baseball channel (NESN)

Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:00 pm

On my last week of a paid month of  YOU TUBE TV,,,,,,,., i had been watching Red Sox games on NESN.  Go to watch a game today, NESN is gone ! 

steelersrule

Re: You Tube TV jacking UP price/ UPDATE Now You Tube TV just dropped local baseball channel (NESN)

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:09 pm

We  all saw this coming.  I can't believe people are surprised/angry that it is happening.

Sat/Cable were ALWAYS going to put ALL of their services on OTT eventually.  We all knew it.  The current Cable package, as we know it is just being transferred over to OTT service, and arriving though your High Speed ISP.

And this is not the worst yet everyone.  

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but within the next 5-10 years, ALL, and I mean ALL Cable/phone/Sat/etc... will install Hard Data Caps for EVERYONE.

And I am sure the setup will be this:  If you are a Spectrum subscriber, sub too our Cable OTT package, and it won't count against are implemented DATA CAP.  

Yaay, right?  Oh, and those caps will be ABSURDLY LOW CEILING(500 MB, and "maybe" 1TB).  So if you sub too Netflix, Hulu, Philo, YouTube TV, etc., and they don't have a "deal" in place with those companies, you will be hitting that cap FAST, and paying BIG OVERAGE CHARGES.

It's coming everybody.  Get ready...

scottypie1234

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:00 pm

YTTV has NOT dropped NESN. It's still there. Playstation Vue dropped it a few days ago, but it's still on YouTube TV.