Several days ago I started having an unusual problem using the Roku Media Player to view photos on my PC. For a long time, I have been successfully using it to view (on the TV) slideshows of photos from my PC. But suddenly it started saying there are no photos available. When I navigate to almost any photo folder, it says "No compatible pictures found". However, in a few folders, it finds a few photos (but not all the photos in that folder, even though all the photos are JPG files).
Here is what I have tried to resolve this issue:
- Removed the Roku Media Player channel.
- Reset my Roku 3 (by using the Reset switch, and also by unplugging the power cable, and also by selecting System Restart in Settings).
- Re-added the Roku Media Player channel.
- Rebooted the PC.
- Reboot the modem/router.
- Verified that Media Streaming on the PC is enabled.
- Verified that the PC folders are still Shared.
- Verified that the Plex app can still see all the photos.
What could possibly cause this strange behavior?
By the way, in case you're curious, the reason I prefer Roku Media Player over Plex is because the Slideshow mode in Roku Media Player allows me to adjust the speed of picture changes, while Plex does not.
Thank you for any suggestions you might have.