Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

emmyisonline
Topic Author

HELP ME PLEASE AAAAAAAAAA

Mon May 27, 2019 10:38 pm

Hi! I'm having issues with my TCL Roku TV. I got it in early 2018 and have been connected to my network with no issue ever since, but today i'm having a problem. You see, last week we got a new roku tv in the living room so I haven't used this tv in question since before we purchased the new one. So, i've been getting error code 014.40. I looked up solutions online and tried different things such as: restarting the tv, factory resetting the tv, disconnecting and trying to reconnect to the Wi-Fi. As well as fully unplugging the TV for a while and plugging back in. All my other devices such as my tv in my living room works, as well as me and my family's cell phones and laptops. I've also tried turning every other device off for a while to see if I was just using too many devices at once. I would try to call customer support but they are closed right now.

dgrace

Re: HELP ME PLEASE AAAAAAAAAA

Wed May 29, 2019 5:47 pm

Do you have your own router? My guess, with what info you provided, is that your router is having an IP conflict.
Provide more info and someone here should be able to offer suggestions.
"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ

Chicken

Wed May 29, 2019 9:59 pm

It means your Roku isn't connected to a LAN by Ethernet cable (if the TV is equipped with Eithernet option) or wireless WIFI network.  You need to go to Roku Setup -> Network -> Setup Connection -> Wireless and search for wireless network.  Make sure to choose your network, not by accident a neighbors network or a printer, it must be your internet router WIFI network.  Then you must enter the correct password making sure to use the correct password symbols and CaSe, in CAPITOL or lower CaSe.  The Roku should log in to your routers WIFI at this point.

After this, you can use the "check network connection" featurefunction to confirm the quality of the connection.  If everything looks good and passes the test, the home button takes you back to the main menu.

Jazxmin0267

Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:21 pm

I’m having the same problem ! I need help

Chicken

Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:45 pm

Jazxmin0267 wrote:
I’m having the same problem ! I need help

Are you using a wireless WIFI router connection, or an ethernet cable connection to your internet service router box?