Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Huskerfan
Topic Author

Sony Crackle app not loading

Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:39 pm

Tried on 2 different Roku devices in the household  and both were not wanting to load. Get message "tge spp has failed to launch, please check your connection and try again "

All other apps are loading without issue. Could it be something with the connection  in the household or anyone else having issues to at this time... 5:40pm central

Had the issue before and it cleared up few hours later this has been ongoing for about 2 or 3 hours

Thanks

atc98092

Re: Sony Crackle app not loading

Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:33 pm

I just tried it with the same result. Other channels work, as yours do. So it appears to be an issue at the Crackle end. It's not one of my usual channels, so I can't say I've last used it. But it's been several months at least. Remember that if Crackle works on a different device, that doesn't automatically mean it's a Roku issue. Some services use different servers for different devices, and it might be a server issue for them. Or, they released a new version of their Roku channel and it's broken. That's still a Crackle issue, unfortunately. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

Huskerfan
Topic Author

Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:41 pm

atc98092 wrote:
I just tried it with the same result. Other channels work, as yours do. So it appears to be an issue at the Crackle end. It's not one of my usual channels, so I can't say I've last used it. But it's been several months at least. Remember that if Crackle works on a different device, that doesn't automatically mean it's a Roku issue. Some services use different servers for different devices, and it might be a server issue for them. Or, they released a new version of their Roku channel and it's broken. That's still a Crackle issue, unfortunately. 

Thank you, not one I watch alot of either, but last night was watching Barney Miller on it and was going to go back and watch a bit more. Im sure it will be back up soon, thanks for the info and  i know its not on my end thats the issue

ghb51

Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:47 pm

It's not working here also, I don't watch it much either, but even in my brief viewings it's the app I've had the most problems with, so this is more the rule than the exception for Crackle in my experience.

RokuDanny-R

Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:23 pm

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

We have reported this issue to the channel provider and they are currently investigating a resolution.

If are in need of additional support or questions, please refer to the Crackle 
channel support team which can be found here: https://helpcenter.sonycrackle.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks,
Danny
Roku Forum Moderator