- Roku Premiere+ (the Walmart special) : 3921RW
- Roku SW version: 9.1.0 - build 4111-91
- New Yamaha AVR yesterday to replace a Pioneer that started malfunctioning
- HDMI directly from the Roku into the Yamaha AVR
- Roku audio set to "auto" and also HDMI set to "auto"
- No special audio receiver decoding: using "straight" to not manipulate the signal. Similarly, no ARC
What I'm observing:
- Roku seems to either output PCM (2 channel) or DD+, nothing else no matter what audio setting I put it to (tested with Netflix, Google Play Movies).
- Watched part of a movie from Google Play on the Roku - saw that the signal was DD+ and things seemed fine.
- Watching various content on Netflix, again getting DD+ on the Yamaha but I'm getting sporadic quick audio dropouts.
- Sometimes more than one per minute, sometimes one every few minutes. More predominant on the "Sunderland 'till I die" show than another Netflix movie I tested with.
- Drops seem to be less than half a second.
- Switched to the same show on Netflix through a Chromecast connected to the same Yamaha AVR: again DD+ but this time no dropouts
Is this a known issue or does anyone have any suggestions? Didn't experience this problem on the old Pioneer but maybe it was more tolerant of these sub-second drops than the brand new Yamaha. Same HDMI cable from the Roku to the AVR as before. I could try swapping cables but I really doubt that it's a cable problem. Have tried moving the Roku between inputs on the AVR - no difference.
I'm hoping this is a known bug with the Netflix app or the 9.1.0 software on the Roku? Can anyone confirm or offer additional debugging suggestions?