Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

gregmc12
Topic Author

New problem while playing music off iPhone

Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:59 pm

I play music off my iPhone through my 4200-equipped TV daily. Today, I played a song only to have the music stop the moment I moved to another iPhone app, with a "STOPPED AUDIO" message on the TV screen, followed by the Roku screen that reads "Play on Roku - Ready for your Photos, Music & Videos", which after a few seconds reverted to the Roku home screen. 

Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone know how to fix it? Thank you in advance. 

johnnybuffalo

Re: New problem while playing music off iPhone

Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:38 am

Yes! I have an Insignia Roku TV and this problem just started for me as well. Infuriating, as I just redid my living room and rely on the Roku for my music in there (from my iPhone).

When leaving the app, music stops. Even when the phone locks, the music stops! When you go back to the app, it takes you to the home page; you aren’t even on the page you left off at.

I submitted a support email about this - as it’s a huge loss of functionality that renders the mobile app useless for me. Have not heard back, but would love some answers or a fix.

Glad I found this topic! I’ve been searching for days about this, you’re not alone brother

Rgbaron

Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:27 pm

I also have this problem...

Originally thought it was WIFI issue...trouble shooted every detail with a ROKU expert at (Time Warner) Spectrum TV....the guy was good, we disconnected everything and reconnected.....problem still reoccurred.....

However I can play , continuously on my Amazon Music App in my ROKU library on my TV.....

I BOUGHT A NEW ROKU , thinking maybe it’s my device........SAME THING HAPPENED....So it’s not my ROKU device.....

Not Time Warner, not Roku...I’m still baffled.....

By the way, a song on my iTunes playlist only plays for 1 min 45 seconds....however, if I shuffle every 30 seconds I get continuous play......

Rgbaron

Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:46 pm

Does anyone have any idea what is the issue ?