Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

mikeslaney
Topic Author

Roku stolen. Lost credentials

Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:57 pm

1. My Roku has been stolen
2. I no longer have access to my email address. No longer in Service.
3. I forgot my password and I cannot log in to my account.
4. Customer support is proving useless. In order to change those details I
need to log in to my account.

5. And this is the big one... My credit card is attached to this box.

This is maddening. Somebody please help me. I can provide other credentials
but I need some sort of interactive support and I am getting absolutely
nowhere on the site.
The phone message literally hangs up on me while on hold and within 30 seconds of telling me to go to the site.
For the love of God and all things holy...

ghb51

Re: Roku stolen. Lost credentials

Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:19 pm

This isn't much help, but Roku has the option to require a pin (4 number code if I remember right) to make purchases, do you remember if you set one up? If you did your card should be safe at least.

fluke

Re: Roku stolen. Lost credentials

Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:59 pm

If your laptop was also stolen, I would recommend contacting your credit card provider and telling them you believe the security of the account number should be considered compromised.  They should at that point be willing to assign you a new card.

Sorry about the problems you are having with Roku support but if the email address you established for recovery access to the account is no longer in service then there is probably very little customer service can do for you.

Maybe someday Roku will allow customers to establish a secondary recovery method for accounts but that won't help you for now.

If you buy another Roku and establish another account, I recommend you set the account to always require a PIN for purchases.