Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

CarolinaSquat
Topic Author

Roku private listening audio problems

Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:26 pm

Hey guys so I have a TCL 4k TV with roku built in (4 series). I usually screen mirror my PC via miracast to the TV and watch my shows. When I am not using private listening and the audio is coming from the TV speakers it is 99 percent of the time flawless, maybe some small lag occasionally but I chalk it up to the connection. This also used to be the case when using private listening but in the past few weeks I have been getting continuous popping/crackling in the audio when I am using private listening. It is really irritating and if someone could help me figure out a fix I would appreciate it.

Btw, the private listening is through my iPhone 8 which I use the regular apple earbuds with it (Not airpods). 
I don't think it is a problem with the earbuds because when I am not using private listening and just watching videos/music on my phone with the earbuds in there is zero problem. 

RokuTannerD

Re: Roku private listening audio problems

Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:55 am

Thanks for reaching out here. A few more questions: 

- Do you experience the popping/crackling behavior when using private listening on standard streaming channels installed on your TCL Roku TV? 
- Does this happen when playing specific content from your PC, or does it happen across any media that you play? 
- Do you happen to recall specifically when you first noticed this issue occurring? 

With more information, we can try to help provide some additional suggestions. I'd also recommend following up directly with TCL support to report the issue and request any additional help they may be able to provide. You can reach their support team here: https://support.tclusa.com/contact-us?contact_query=Please%20enter%20your%20question

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

CarolinaSquat
Topic Author

Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:51 pm

Crackling noise is present during using streaming channels and when I am mirroring from laptop. So basically every time private listening is used.

I don't really remember when the issue started Id say a few weeks ago. Before it used to happen occasionally I think but very rarely.

RokuTannerD

Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:34 pm

Thanks for the extra details. Is your home network configured to transmit a 2.4GHz or 5GHz Wi-Fi network? 

I'd recommend making sure your router is configured to transmit a 5GHz network, and/or try changing the wireless broadcast channel on your router if it is already transmitting a 5GHz network. Your ISP or router manufacturer can assist you in making those changes. 

Keep us posted from there! 

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

CarolinaSquat
Topic Author

Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:53 pm

It's 2.4 I'm pretty sure. And I did change the router channel a few weeks back which didn't help. Ill try changing it again.