Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

friobie

Re: TCL 55P605 since Roku 9.1 HDR dark

Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:39 am

Any update on this? If not how can I also get a rollback?

RokuTannerD

Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:52 am

Hi there, 

We don't have any updates to share at the moment, but please feel free to PM me with your Roku account email address and your TV's serial number from Settings>System>About and I'll see what else we can do to assist you. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

friobie

Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:56 am

RokuTannerD wrote:
Hi there, 

We don't have any updates to share at the moment, but please feel free to PM me with your Roku account email address and your TV's serial number from Settings>System>About and I'll see what else we can do to assist you. 

Thanks,
Tanner

Sent! Thank you!

amstel78

Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:20 am

HDR is hosed too with my TCL 55P607. Only happens when using Xbox. Built in apps are fine. Can fix by sometimes switching out of HDMI input to the TV's main screen and back to Xbox again while content is playing. Only started happening after 9.0 and now with 9.1 build 4129-30 it's even worse. Please fix!

HisSvt2
Topic Author

Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:30 am

amstel78 wrote:
HDR is hosed too with my TCL 55P607. Only happens when using Xbox. Built in apps are fine. Can fix by sometimes switching out of HDMI input to the TV's main screen and back to Xbox again while content is playing. Only started happening after 9.0 and now with 9.1 build 4129-30 it's even worse. Please fix!

Same thing it does in Xbox it does on PS4 and stand alone 4k players too. 9.0 is better but still broken compared to 8x series OS I hope they fix it they rolled me to 9.0 but that isn’t an acceptable fix.

RokuTannerD

Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:15 pm

@amstel78 

Thanks for letting us know. We're continuing to look into these reports. 

Please send me a private message with more information including your Roku account email address, the serial number of your Roku TV from Settings>System>About, and more information about the specific content you are playing on your Xbox (app or game, content title, etc.)  

I'll follow up with you directly to gather more information and assist you further from there.  

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

amstel78

Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:46 am

Hello Tanner. PM sent.

Scottt1174

Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:01 pm

HisSvt2 wrote:
Since this update HDR doesn’t display properly. It’s super dark like it’s dimmed in my Xbox one x had to turn it off. 4k Blu-ray player does same thing but switching back and forth input sometimes triggers proper display. All my app that have DV or HDR work fine. PS4 Pro switching input back and worth can get it to work sometimes.

Did a complete factory reset and that didn’t help checked cable and bypassed receiver and same results tried different cable etc.

Everything was fine before Roku 9.1! Need some help if possible to fix this issue.

Thanks

I have the TCL R617. I have the same problem but it only happens with my Xbox X. When the game engages HDR the screen goes dark. I just got the 9.1 update date so obviously it started this problem from 9.0 and higher. Have you had any news on this?

HisSvt2- I have a question for you. I know you have the TCL P series fron 2017. I have the R series from 2018. Anyway my question to you is. When HDR or DV is engaged on your tv, check your Roku app under expert settings and see where your "Picture Mode" changes to. Does it change to HDR or DV dark, normal or bright? Mine doesnt it always goes to "Low Power". I have Roku looking into this but can't get a straight answer. If you can let me know I would appreciate it.

HisSvt2
Topic Author

Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:10 pm

Scottt1174 wrote:
HisSvt2 wrote:
Since this update HDR doesn’t display properly. It’s super dark like it’s dimmed in my Xbox one x had to turn it off. 4k Blu-ray player does same thing but switching back and forth input sometimes triggers proper display. All my app that have DV or HDR work fine. PS4 Pro switching input back and worth can get it to work sometimes.

Did a complete factory reset and that didn’t help checked cable and bypassed receiver and same results tried different cable etc.

Everything was fine before Roku 9.1! Need some help if possible to fix this issue.

Thanks

I have the TCL R617. I have the same problem but it only happens with my Xbox X. When the game engages HDR the screen goes dark. I just got the 9.1 update date so obviously it started this problem from 9.0 and higher. Have you had any news on this?

HisSvt2- I have a question for you. I know you have the TCL P series fron 2017. I have the R series from 2018. Anyway my question to you is. When HDR or DV is engaged on your tv, check your Roku app under expert settings and see where your "Picture Mode" changes to. Does it change to HDR or DV dark, normal or bright? Mine doesnt it always goes to "Low Power". I have Roku looking into this but can't get a straight answer. If you can let me know I would appreciate it.

No mine says HDR bright like it should but screen is dim on Xbox go to main menu and back to game and it switches back to what it’s supposed to look like. I’m on Roku is 9.0 tanner rolled me back the update.

Scottt1174

Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:14 pm

HisSvt2 wrote:
Scottt1174 wrote:
HisSvt2 wrote:

Thanks

No mine says HDR bright like it should but screen is dim on Xbox go to main menu and back to game and it switches back to what it’s supposed to look like. I’m on Roku is 9.0 tanner rolled me back the update.

Thanks. This is so weird. I wonder why the Roku app in picture mode show HDR Bright for you. I tried downloading the app on another android phone and it also says Low Power. Do you have a droid or an iPhone my I ask. That's great you got it fixed. It happens on my Xbox but if I switch the bright to normal to bright again it sets itself right again. Yeah it's the firmware for sure. Roku 9.0 is where I started seeing the problem. I hoped it worked out for you.

HisSvt2
Topic Author

Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:05 pm

Scottt1174 wrote:
HisSvt2 wrote:
Scottt1174 wrote:
HisSvt2 wrote:

Thanks

Thanks. This is so weird. I wonder why the Roku app in picture mode show HDR Bright for you. I tried downloading the app on another android phone and it also says Low Power. Do you have a droid or an iPhone my I ask. That's great you got it fixed. It happens on my Xbox but if I switch the bright to normal to bright again it sets itself right again. Yeah it's the firmware for sure. Roku 9.0 is where I started seeing the problem. I hoped it worked out for you.

Same here trouble started in 9.0 and 9.1 it’s completely broken. Last time trouble free was 8.xx firmwares. I’m on an iPhone.

In Xbox instead of changing the tv setting hit the Xbox home button wait a second then go back into app or game that pulls it up for me properly every time.

Hopefully they fix this soon since it’s only when using external HDR capable devices all the Roku apps with HDR and DV work just fine.