Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

bobcatos
Topic Author

roku android app crashes

Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:26 am

The Roku app on my android phone has started crashing.  This started about two weeks ago.  I have two Rokus.  In my office I have a recent Roku Express feeding a DVI monitor using an HDMI->DVI cable.  I've been getting sound through the android app on my phone, but now that fails.  I tried an HDMI sound extractor to a separate amplifier, but that doesn't work.  I can get sound but the video has a magenta background.  Or I can get proper video, but no sound.
The other system is a new Roku Ultra in the living room with an HDMI HD TV and a sound extractor feeding a better amp and speakers than in the TV.  It all works fine.
I have rebooted the Roku and the phone.  Until I get a real HDMI monitor or TV, I have only the Roku android app to provide me with sound, so I'm dead in the water.  How do I fix this?

jeffrok
** Valued Community Member **

Re: roku android app crashes

Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:30 am

You've rebooted the Roku and the phone.. have you tried uninstalling the Roku app from the phone and reinstalling it?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10

bobcatos
Topic Author

Re: roku android app crashes

Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:53 am

Yes, I did, but when I reinstalled, it just restored it from the trash.  This time, I purged the trash and reinstalled it.  Now it works.  Thanks for the clue.  The developer for the app must have come from Microserf.