Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

kjv71
Topic Author

No Audio on Apex HDTV

Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:43 am

I just installed a Roku Premiere for the first time. The setup went flawlessly. However, I have no audio regardless of the steaming channel that I selected. After trying several different settings & options, I connected the Roku to another TV & the audio output was fine. So it appears that the Apex HDTV is somehow incompatible with the Roku. This seems at odds with the fact the the Roku should work fine with any LCD TV with HDMI inputs.

Can someone kindly offer me a possible solution to this probem (short of replacing the TV)? Thank you.

renojim
** Valued Community Member **

Re: No Audio on Apex HDTV

Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:54 pm

Go into Settings->Audio and try the various options available there.

kjv71
Topic Author

Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:22 pm

I tried that with no luck. I also tried: a different HDMI cable; using a different HDMI port; relaunching the apps; removing & reinstalling the apps.

jeffrok
** Valued Community Member **

Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:31 pm

Have other HDMI devices worked ok with the TV? Maybe the tv is broken. Maybe there's a "Speaker settings" in the TV settings that's individually assigned to those HDMI ports.

What's the model of the TV?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10

kjv71
Topic Author

Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:06 pm

Other HDMI devices work fine. However, I opted to use the Roku on another TV & swapped the cable box for the TV I am having trouble with. So for all practical purposes, problem solved! Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.