Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

linberl
Topic Author

adding roku

Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:19 pm

SO I'm going to add a second roku to the my other tv.  You Tube tv doesn't care as long as I use the same log in, but Roku says you can attach it to the same account or a new one. Is there any reason to put it on a separate account?  Obviously, I want to watch different programming on each tv (at the same time) but the channels setup matching is just fine. Any reason to NOT make it the same account?

atc98092

Re: adding roku

Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:21 pm

With multiple Roku devices, you can either have one account for all or separate accounts for each. The advantage to a single account is that installing or removing a channel from one does the same for all. But that's also a disadvantage, if you want different channels on different devices. In that case you must have separate accounts. As far as the channels themselves, the only advantage I can think of for using a single account is to have your favorites and subscriptions synced to all your devices. Again, if you'd prefer to have them separate on the devices, then you need separate accounts. And for YouTube TV, that means paying for two accounts. Only you can decide if that's the best way to go. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.