Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Tenorc

Re: Issue with recent PlayStation Vue Roku Channel update

Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:50 am

I just finished chat with PlayStation Vue support. They have no plans to fix the problems with Roku compatibility since the update. They said I should use a different platform and offered a convoluted workaround allowing downloading individual channels and accessing them through other services using PlayStation credentials. It looks like they have abandoned their Roku customers.

antnybrusk

Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:23 am

tigerman88 wrote:
***UPDATE***

Looks like PS Vue did another update to Roku to try and fix some of the problems with their app.  I had to manually update the app (Home -> Settings-> System-> System Update) to get the latest PS Vue update (Version 3.0 Build 2019082600). 

They seemed to have fixed the favorite issue in the guide - all my favorites are now at the top of the guide.  Still have to use the "<-" button in lieu of the "ok" button for some of the navigation.  The synch issues with my Roku TV audio and video appear to be fixed.  Have not had enough time to see what else was fixed but wanted to let everyone know a PS Vue update has been put forth to fix the 20 August abomination...

I have a TCL Roku TV with 9.1.0 build 4121-08 and PS Vue 3.0 and still having issues with network connectivity and video out of sync with audio!!

deke40

Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:34 am

Everything is back up a running on my systems.  After doing some testing between my Insignia and Sharp Roku TVs I went out and found a 24" (Kitchen) and 32" (PC Room) Sharp Roku TVs to
replace the Insignia ones.  Eliminated the sync problems and the Sharps are way faster getting to what you want to watch.  They were both on sale for $119 each.

welshll

Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:35 am

deke40 wrote:
Everything is back up a running on my systems.  After doing some testing between my Insignia and Sharp Roku TVs I went out and found a 24" (Kitchen) and 32" (PC Room) Sharp Roku TVs to
replace the Insignia ones.  Eliminated the sync problems and the Sharps are way faster getting to what you want to watch.  They were both on sale for $119 each.

I have 3 Roku Sharps that don't work and 1 that does work.  The one that is working is the newest one.  Unless we can afford to buy new TV's when they change/update we should rethink Roku TV's.  For now the only solution appears to be to change from PS Vue, or buy a Fire Stick.

deke40

Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:49 pm

I bought 3 Firesticks on the last Prime day.  Have them on my main 3 Tv's.  Bought them for their ability to show scenes when F/F and overcoming some of the quirks of PSVUE.  Although I have 5 Roku TV's I sometimes wonder if I should have went with Fire TVs.

thetick

Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:08 pm

I think Fire TV would be a better choice now , but Chromecast  I think is the best choice as you can mirror any tab from a PC.  So you can watch any video supported on the PC platform and you are not restricted to only the apps that support the content you want.
TheTick
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube
PC / Chromecast for all other media because Roku Mirroring sucks and and the every day re-authenticating via PC required with the Roku.
Verizon FIOS

deke40

Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:37 pm

They just updated to build 2019090200.

phredbird

Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:49 am

Thanks, Deke40.

I streamed for 45min this morning (PS Vue on 40" TCL Roku TV) and the audio / video stayed in sync.

Cautiously optimistic that the latest PSV build included a fix for my issue, and hopefully others see the same positive results.

-p
Last edited by phredbird on Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

deke40

Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:38 am

The only problem I am incurring is the "loading" warning when I scroll to fast on the guide, which is better than having to click for each advancement of the guide.

Mikeg040

Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:47 pm

My psvue app was updated to the newest version on the roku 3 and the app runs very sluggish. The guide takes a while to load. Before I never had this issue and no it is not my internet connection. It is fast and working good. Any fix soon?

jwarmels

Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:36 am

I am having a common issue as others with ps vue. The guide takes forever to load, when it didn't before the update. Also, when watching a show, it will often say "Oops! an error occurred!
Failed to load stream, going back to your default channel". It's the most annoying thing ever. I've looked online and it seems like this could be performing like this only on Roku. I am going to try a Firestick and see if it solves this problem. Has anyone else ditched the roku and found success with ps vue?

rrlanders2

Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:20 pm

Very similar issues with the PS Vue app on Roku:
  • Looses my DVR programs (yes I know I can get restart the app to get them back)
  • Takes 3-4 clicks to go back to a recently watched channel
  • Does not keep the guide on the current time - if you watch the end of a long movie, when you click guide it shows you programs from when the movie started  not the current time.
  • Slow to update the guide. I never  say "Loading... until I got this update
  • Several channels (Sudance, IFC, AHC and others) will display video, then it  goes blank while it appears to download more data.
  • User interface in general requires several button pushes where as the previous version required 1 or 2 button pushes to do the same thing.
This is poor software. No excuses for this - it's 2019, not 1979. Time to move on to another streaming services.