Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kerryog
Visitor

How to fix the Sling app not letting me enter my password

Jump to solution

I can't seem to log in to the Sling app.  I can enter my username, but the next button doesn't do anything and I can't enter my password

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to fix the Sling app not letting me enter my password

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's functionality, you'll want to contact Sling support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Sling support here: https://www.sling.com/help/en/troubleshooting/international-support/in-language-support

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't enter password in Sling app

Jump to solution
Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

When logging into the Sling app make sure that you're using your email address linked to that account to sign in. If that isn't working, it's possible there may be an issue within the channel itself that the service provider will need to investigate. 

Try removing the Sling channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the Sling channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

If you're still experiencing an issue, try checking for any system updates in Settings>System>System update>Check now. If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Sling directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nedrolls
Visitor

Jump to solution
I'm having the same issue, you blame sling, sling blames you. Regardless if someone doesn't do something I'm getting rid of my sling account and this stupid roku stick
22shaw

Jump to solution

Did anyone ever resolve this issue? I am having the same problem.

laurocosta

Jump to solution

I spent 43 minutes on the phone with Sling customer service and were unable to solve the problem. They told me that only Roku could help me, but apparently they also don't know how to solve the problem.

Sarahsss

Jump to solution

Same!! Sooo frustrating. I’ve “given feedback” to Roku on the channel and nothing. I need a fire stick 🙄

Sarahsss

Jump to solution

I’ve done all this. No help. It’s the app itself that’s the issue on the Roku end. My sling works fine everywhere else. Your “next” button doesn’t work rendering my entire tv useless

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's functionality, you'll want to contact Sling support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Sling support here: https://www.sling.com/help/en/troubleshooting/international-support/in-language-support

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LynnLynnC

Jump to solution

Hi, I was able to resolved the issue by unplugging all the cable, power cord and all connectors on my Roku, deleting the sling app from your channels and then re- download the sling app and I was successfully able to log into my sling app without any issues. Thought I share and hope it helps too. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

I signed up for Sling via their website. I launched my Roku device and opened the Sling channel. Two options are provided: resubscribe to Sling or Change subscription. I do not wish to do either since I signed in and subscribed via Sling's web site.

I removed the channel, did a system reset, added the channel again and the same issue persists: the only options are to resubscribe or change subscription; there's no option to log into my existing Sling account.

How can I clear the channel's cached data so that I may log into my Sling account?

I tried the link, below, and it returns a 404 error. Is there an updated link you can provide? Do they have a phone number for support that you can provide?

I also tried to find help via Sling's web site and can't find any help.

Thank you,

Jennifer

0 Kudos