Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

regularuser45890
Topic Author

hbo on hulu

Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:48 am

I signed up for hbo on Hulu, which i can watch on my roku device, BUT the roku search does NOT search hbo on hulu.

any advice

atc98092

Re: hbo on hulu

Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:52 am

regularuser45890 wrote:
I signed up for hbo on Hulu, which i can watch on my roku device, BUT the roku search does NOT search hbo on hulu.

any advice

It's up to the channel developer (in this case Hulu) to permit the Roku search to work in their channel. You'd have to ask Hulu support, but don't be surprised if they say it's a Roku problem. It's not, but the people answering the support phones/emails likely have no idea how it works. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

Emissary35

Re: hbo on hulu

Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:16 pm

atc98092 wrote:
regularuser45890 wrote:

any advice

It's up to the channel developer (in this case Hulu) to permit the Roku search to work in their channel. You'd have to ask Hulu support, but don't be surprised if they say it's a Roku problem. It's not, but the people answering the support phones/emails likely have no idea how it works. 

Exactly, the customer support people working for these companies are completely uninformed and deeply stupid. They don't even know how their own services work and a lot of times you have to explain in baby steps exactly what the problem is and they still have to go off to "consult their supervisor" for answers. Then they just say there is nothing they can do but they'll pass on your feedback or request to the development team but can't guarantee a fix. I've had many conversations with Netflix, Hulu and Amazon and virtually all of them ended that way. So good luck getting the search feature to work anytime soon!