Forgive me if this is not the right place to post this.
Noticed several times last night and again today, that my Roku channels crash. For example, favoriting stations in 'iHeart Radio' channel, it crashed and either went to the home screen or restarted itself. Same result for 'Sling' channel.
Here's what I did:
1) Unplugged the Roku Express for 1 minute. Let it start back up again... with further crashes.
2) Settings> System> System Restart.. with further crashes
3) Settings> System> System Update. Software was up to date, per the box that came up.
4) Reinstalled what I thought was faulty channels... with more further crashes.
5) Tried looking at the Roku Support page without any options to email or read articles about channel crashes. Yes, I did search "crashes" and "channel crashes." I saw "car crashes," but nothing that pertained to my issue.
6) Gave feedback (with email addy) on how an article on "Roku playback" and other words searched did not solve my issue.
7) Posted here, as my Roku Express is not eligible for a phone call to Roku, per the audio message, when I called.
8 ) Verified that it was not my internet, internet connection, internet speed (100mb package) etc.
9) Played 'Sling' on my phone. Worked flawlessly as the Roku paused and went to the home screen, from crashing. Phone is on the exact same internet network.
So, what the "bleep" is going on Roku? I clearly see it's not me.
Software Version: 9.1.0 - Build 4919-51
Device ID: C3388F229429
Contact me for Serial Number info and email, if from Customer Support.
Can someone help with this? I did what my Radio and TV Engineering and IT training told me to do.