Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

SixStringSamurai
Topic Author

Pandora won't save account login credentials

Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:22 am

I have two Roku devices, the Roku 3 (Model 4200X) and the Roku Streaming Stick (Model 3600X). I am on the current 9.1 Build 4919 Roku OS on both units. Pandora recently updated their app about a month ago, on August 7, 2019. (version 5.3 b 30). Today, when I tried to turn on my Pandora, I was prompted for my login information. I entered it, and played my station normally. I switched apps to Netflix. When I switch back to Pandora, I was prompted to login again. I re-entered my credentials again. To test, I immediately closed the app and reopened it, and sure enough, I had to re-enter my credentials. This happened several times, and each time, the system would not save my login credentials as it had previously. This was on my Roku 3. I switched to my Roku stick in my bedroom and the same behavior occurred. As I stated previously, the app itself updated on August 7th, and I have used it since the update. In fact, I used Pandora last night on September 9 before going to bed. This problem just began occurring this evening. I searched the forum and found that other people experienced a similar issue with a different app, so I followed the standard steps on my roku:

deleted pandora, rebooted the system, then reinstalled pandora - and the problem still exists.

Can someone look in to this?

scottypie1234

Re: Pandora won't save account login credentials

Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:05 am

You should have Pandora support look into this.

RokuDanny-R

Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:31 am

Hi,

Is Pandora the only channel that you observe this issue with? It's possible there may be an issue within the channel itself that the service provider will need to investigate. 

As @scottypie1234 mentioned, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Pandora support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You can reach Pandora support here: https://help.pandora.com/s/contactsupport?language=en_US

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny
Roku Forum Moderator

jimh009

Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:40 am

I am having the exact same problem with Pandora as the original poster is having. The problem is limited to Pandora - no issues with other apps (such as Amazon Prime). Started a few days ago. Have deleted Pandora, restarted the Roku 3, and then reinstalled Pandora. Same result. I checked for updates just tonight and I'm fully up to date.

RokuDanny-R

Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:31 am

@jimh009

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Since Pandora is the only channel that you observe this issue with, it's possible there may be an issue within the channel itself that the service provider will need to investigate. 

My recommendation would be to contact Pandora support directly to inquire further for any other troubleshooting tips. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You can reach Pandora support here: https://help.pandora.com/s/contactsupport?language=en_US

Thanks,
Danny
Roku Forum Moderator

jcgc50

Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:40 pm

I have tried several times to post my experience with this issue and Pandora's response and keep getting an error that the font can only go up to size 100. This is a mystery since none of the font was anywhere close to that number.

I didn't get a solution that fixed the problem.

atc98092

Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:51 pm

When you copy and paste the text, don't use control-V. Instead right click in the text area and select paste as plain text. There is likely some formatting codes embedded in the text you are copying that the forum doesn't support. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

jimh009

Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:16 pm

I contacted Pandora and they were no help whatsoever. Just to reinstall the app, which I already had done. Both Roku and Pandora seem very uninterested in looking into this problem. Thankfully, Pandora still works with the built-in app on my TV.

atc98092

Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:08 am

jimh009 wrote:
I contacted Pandora and they were no help whatsoever. Just to reinstall the app, which I already had done. Both Roku and Pandora seem very uninterested in looking into this problem. Thankfully, Pandora still works with the built-in app on my TV.

When you uninstall the app, you MUST reboot the Roku before reinstallation. Did you do that?
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

jcgc50

Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:52 am

First up thanks for the suggestion on how to paste text here. Tried right-clicking and pasting however when I tried to submit the post I get the same error regarding font size. I don't get it and have never run into this problem.

I had several exchanges with Pandora support yesterday. The rep said that their engineers are working on the problem so hopefully we will see an update soon.

jcgc50

Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:55 am

atc98092 wrote:
jimh009 wrote:

When you uninstall the app, you MUST reboot the Roku before reinstallation. Did you do that?

I did not reboot the Roku before. Did you do that and have success at fixing the problem?

RokuTannerD

Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:20 am

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're seeing. We've reported this over to the channel provider and they are currently investigating the issue. 

If you'd like to help provide additional details, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, the email address registered to your Pandora account, and the serial number of your device from Settings>System>About. 

I'll follow up directly from there. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

jcgc50

Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:24 am

I just tried the suggestion of uninstalling, restarting the Roku and then reinstalling the app. Now when I go through the login process the Roku never moves off the activation screen even after Pandora's website tells me I'm good to go after entering the code from the Roku on their website followed by my login credentials.

I've managed to turn an irritating problem into a non-functional problem.

atc98092

Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:31 pm

jcgc50 wrote:
atc98092 wrote:
jimh009 wrote:

I did not reboot the Roku before. Did you do that and have success at fixing the problem?

I've never had that problem with Pandora, so can't say for sure. I was simply offering the required steps to take when removing and reinstalling a channel. I haven't used Pandora in quite some time, so I just fired it up on my Sharp TV and it started and began playing without an issue. You might try removing the channel again, rebooting and trying the install again. It sounds like the Pandora authentication server might be having a problem. 
Dan

RokuTannerD

Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:44 pm

We've followed up to provide these additional reports to Pandora, and they are actively investigating this issue. 

If you need further assistance, please contact Pandora support directly. You can reach them here: https://help.pandora.com/s/contactsupport?language=en_US

We'll provide any further updates as they are made available. Thanks again for your patience! 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager