Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

YeahThatGuy

Re: Pandora won't save account login credentials

Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:34 pm

I'm also seeing this behavior on all three Rokus in my house. I have also seen the exact same behavior in the MotorTrend app on my Roku. I have factory reset two of my devices and that did not fix the Roku. This seems like a Roku issue since the same behavior (forgetting login information) is occurring in two different apps on two different Roku devices.

tomnjoy

Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:03 pm

I am having the exact same problem.  Every time I open the Pandora app on my Roku, I have to go through the login/activation process.  It's really frustrating.  This just started the last couple weeks.  Prior to that, it would save my account info so when I opened the app it automatically logged in to my account.

I have tried removing and re-installing the app and resetting the Roku.  Nothing works.  I still have to log in every time. 

jimh009

Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:48 pm

atc98092 wrote:
jimh009 wrote:
I contacted Pandora and they were no help whatsoever. Just to reinstall the app, which I already had done. Both Roku and Pandora seem very uninterested in looking into this problem. Thankfully, Pandora still works with the built-in app on my TV.

When you uninstall the app, you MUST reboot the Roku before reinstallation. Did you do that?

Yes, of course I did.

jimh009

Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:51 pm

atc98092 wrote:
jcgc50 wrote:
atc98092 wrote:
jimh009 wrote:
I contacted Pandora and they were no help whatsoever. Just to reinstall the app, which I already had done. Both Roku and Pandora seem very uninterested in looking into this problem. Thankfully, Pandora still works with the built-in app on my TV.

When you uninstall the app, you MUST reboot the Roku before reinstallation. Did you do that?

I did not reboot the Roku before. Did you do that and have success at fixing the problem?

I've never had that problem with Pandora, so can't say for sure. I was simply offering the required steps to take when removing and reinstalling a channel. I haven't used Pandora in quite some time, so I just fired it up on my Sharp TV and it started and began playing without an issue. You might try removing the channel again, rebooting and trying the install again. It sounds like the Pandora authentication server might be having a problem. 

What's strange is that Pandora on Roku is having all these problems, but the built-in Pandora app on my Sony TV works just fine. It's definitely a "Pandora for Roku" problem.

jroughgarden

Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:00 pm

I have had this problem all week, and as of September 15, it is still not resolved. My Roku3 works with my other channel credentials including NetFlix, Amazon Prime, etc, but does not remember my Pandora credentials like it used to. I will try to set up Pandora on my smart TV in the interim, but I'm not happy with Pandora.

jcgc50

Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:41 pm

The problem is also happening on my Samsung TV. When you leave the app to watch something else and come back to it you do see it and aren't prompted to log in. However, when you try to play anything you get an error that says Pandora is undergoing maintenance. This has been happening for days but generally, it would seem to restart itself after a few seconds up to a minute or more. Today I had to sign out and then log back in.

Samsung suggested I update to the latest firmware which I did and as I suspected changed nothing.

This is getting tiresome.

Jim

XtremeMaC

Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:01 pm

Having the same issue.
I just upgraded from Roku 3 to Roku Ultra.
Pandora login was working properly on Roku 3 throughout.
Interestingly neither retains the login anymore.
I've tried email login, device activation thru app, reinstalled... problem still remains.
Both devices have latest available software...

csdude55

Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:04 pm

I'm just dropping in to say that I'm experiencing the same issue. I'm not sure if I'm using a Roku 3 or 4, but Pandora stopped remembering my credentials a week or two ago. Deleting and reinstalling the app as suggested had no impact. I've also tried manually entering my email and password, activating through their website, and activating using my phone app.

I use Pandora on my phone and on my PC, and neither have a problem, so it's just the Roku app.

jcgc50

Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:57 am

I just received an email from Pandora support saying that they've fixed the issue and asked that I try it again. I did and it is working for me.

Thanks for all the help here from Roku support on the issue.

Jim

RokuTannerD

Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:33 pm

Hey everyone, 

Quick update here. 

We believe this issue may now be resolved. Please go ahead and try launching the channel and signing in again, then test to see if your login information is retained when you exit the channel. If the issue continues to occur, you might try removing the channel once more, restart your device, then add the channel back again and test once more. 

Keep me posted if that still doesn't do the trick and I'll follow up directly. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

YeahThatGuy

Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:27 pm

It's still not working on any of my devices. Both Roku 3 devices are still requesting Login even after removing the apps, restarting, and reinstalling the apps. I am using the app to activate.

Tairnyn

Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:52 am

Also continuing to have this issue. Uninstalled Pandora app, restarted Roku device, and reinstalled Pandora app, twice. Tried both methods of activation.
Pandora v5.3, build 30 on Roku Ultra 4660X v9.1.0

YeahThatGuy

Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:10 pm

Tanner,

I got an email from Pandora tonight telling me that this is Roku's issue now. They tell me that I should get your help.

From Pandora:

"We've been assured by Roku that they released a fix for this on Thursday.
???????
If you are still having trouble, I'd suggest rebooting your Roku device and checking for Roku updates via your Roku Settings.

If that doesn't do the trick, please contact Roku directly: https://support.roku.com/

Since Roku is responsible for the health and maintenance of the Pandora application on Roku devices, they should be able to assist you further."

Please advise.