Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

John in MN
Topic Author

Issue with Playstation Vue DVR on Roku for sports

Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:59 pm

I have been living with this issue for a couple years now. I was hoping that the developer of the playstation vue app would have solved it by now.

Background: When recording a live sporting event, you actually have to record ALL events of that type. So to record a specific college football game, you have to record ALL college football games on all channels. I believe this is Sony's shortsightedness, not the Roku app. But on Sony's website, you can list the "episodes" (games) by day, and see all that happened that day. This is important, because even though its a pain to find your game, it is possible.

The Roku playstation vue app only shows an handful of past "episodes" (games) and a handful of future ones. So if you record a 12:00 noon game on Saturday. By 4:00 PM on Saturday the game is no longer available to watch on a Roku. This is fine for most shows, but because of the goofy way Sony makes you record sports, it is unusable for sports.

atc98092

Re: Issue with Playstation Vue DVR on Roku for sports

Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:47 pm

You will have to talk to Sony. They created the channel, not Roku, so Roku has no control over its content or how it works. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.