Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

dvokey
Topic Author

Express Connection to WIFI problems

Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:18 am

I have owned a Roku Express for over a year now and have not changed its location in my house since I purchased it.  I began to notice streaming issues when using Amazon Prime a couple of weeks ago and when I checked my WIFI connection it was described as poor.  It had always been Excellent before.  The Express is located 25 ft from the router in the same room.  I have a Streaming stick in another room located on an upper floor about the same distance from the router which shows the WIFI connection as Excellent.  I have moved the Express to within 10ft of the router and changed wifi channel from 11 to 6 with no improvement.  I have also factory reset the Express with no change.  I think the problem may be due to the software upgrade that took place 05 September because the Express was working well before then.  Is anyone else having the same issue or know of a solution I haven't tried yet

RokuTannerD

Re: Express Connection to WIFI problems

Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:31 am

Thanks for the note here. Sorry to hear about the issue you're running into!

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your player from Settings>System>About. I'll follow up to see what other suggestions we can provide and assist you further. 

Thanks!
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager