Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

yort
Topic Author

Roku Channel will not launch

Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:01 am

I have a Sharp Roku tv and recently my Roku channel will not launch. I noticed that the software was updated to 9.2 and this problem seems to coincide with the update. Any advice would be appreciated.

atc98092

Re: Roku Channel will not launch

Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:15 am

Just tried my Sharp Roku TV and it started with no problem. I have 9.2 also. The usual first suggestion is to remove the channel, reboot the device (don't forget this, and that doesn't mean just powering it off) then reinstall the channel. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

yort
Topic Author

Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:23 am

atc98092 wrote:
Just tried my Sharp Roku TV and it started with no problem. I have 9.2 also. The usual first suggestion is to remove the channel, reboot the device (don't forget this, and that doesn't mean just powering it off) then reinstall the channel. 

I reinstalled the channel several times but no joy. How do I reboot?

RokuDanny-R

Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:28 am

HI,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Is Roku Channel the only channel that you observe this issue with? It's possible there may be an issue within the channel itself that the service provider will need to investigate. 

Try removing the Roku channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your TV from Settings>System>Power>System restart. Once your TV starts up again, add the Roku channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny
Roku Forum Moderator

RokuTannerD

Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:05 pm

@yort 

If following the steps above doesn't resolve your issue, please send me a PM with the serial number of your TV from Settings>System>About and I will follow up directly to help investigate and assist you further. 

Thanks! 
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

yort
Topic Author

Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:36 pm

It looks like my current OS is not 9.2 but 9.0.2! And when I try to do a system update it says all software is up to date. Also the Roku Channel version is 2.0 which can't be right.