Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

schmidtj
Topic Author

Netflix Search for HD Content

Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:46 am

How can one determine if a Netflix Instant Play title is available in HD?
I know I can search the HD Genre but that's not the best solution.
Example, I want to find a TV episode and see (through the normal Netflix search mechanism) that 30Rock is available for Instant Play but nowhere in the Netflix description does it say they are also in HD?
Or, am I just missing it?

kumasuki

Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:53 am

I have the same gripe with the Netflix site. As far as I can tell, clicking on HD in the genre tab is the only 'listing' of HD content (yet the details page on any of the individual titles doesn't have any kind of HD logo or other indicator)

The queue that appears via the Roku intereface DOES identify HD content with a bold-font HD at the bottom (why isn't this indicator found on the detail pages on Netflix.com??). Furthermore, I've come across titles in my queue as displayed by the Roku box that indicate HD availability but are NOT listed on the HD genre tab on Netflix!!

Appears the Netflix web interface has yet again to catch up with the viewing capabilities of its devices!
--------------------------------------
Roku XDS; DSM-520; HDX1000 w/1TB drive; Neuros; Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR; HDHomeRun; Vudu; VuNow HD; Boxee Box

Mtwasik

Re: Netflix Search for HD Content

Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:02 am

schmidtj wrote:
Example, I want to find a TV episode and see (through the normal Netflix search mechanism) that 30Rock is available for Instant Play but nowhere in the Netflix description does it say they are also in HD?

I'm new to all of this (my new, working Ruko just showed up today after getting a faulty one as a christmas gift) ... where do you find the HD genre on netflix? I don't see it anywhere when i go to the webpage

smw006007

Re: Netflix Search for HD Content

Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:31 pm

Mtwasik wrote:
schmidtj wrote:

I'm new to all of this (my new, working Ruko just showed up today after getting a faulty one as a christmas gift) ... where do you find the HD genre on netflix? I don't see it anywhere when i go to the webpage

Try here http://www.netflix.com/WiHD

Mtwasik

Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:56 pm

perfect, thanks