Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

NaplesTopLess
Topic Author

Blank Screen after returning to player - HDMI - Help

Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:42 am

Sometimes after I switch back to the NetFlix player I get a blank screen like the player is in sleep mode. I have the player contected to my TV using the HDMI output. The little light on the front of the unit flicks with each click of the remote but there is no output from the player.

I know that the player must be outputting some signal as my TV is set up to only list inputs with active signals.

Would switching to component output solve this problem or do I need to return the player?

PS: I have updated the software from the orgianl 1.00 to 1.01 then to 1.50 so software updates do not help!

RokuLyndon

Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:33 am

While I haven't searched to see what the recommended fix for this is, I've noticed it on my TV. It normally returns in a few seconds, or if I press a button on the remote it comes back. Rarely, I have to either turn the tv off and on again, or toggle the inputs the tv is looking at.

It's never permanent.

NaplesTopLess
Topic Author

Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:51 pm

The only way I can get the player to work is unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in. One recommendation I found on this forum for blue screen, does not work on my unit